These Cookies & Cream Cake Batter Blondies are amazing! Soft and chewy buttery blondies that taste just like sprinkly cake batter and stuffed with Oreo cookies!
Hope you guys all had a great Memorial Day Weekend!
I didn’t do much – napped, cleaned, ate my first Popeye’s chicken sandwich. As one does.
I don’t really get the hype. I mean, they were good but not amazing. But I do understand the hype about these blondies! They’re everything you could want in a blondie and more.
I made these Cake Batter Blondies a few months ago to rave 5-star reviews! So many of you are making them and obsessed with them and I am so giddy that you enjoy them! I was inspired from an old recipe post to make this cookies & cream version and boy, I am so glad I did!
Cookies & Cream Cake Batter Blondies are buttery, soft and chewy blondies that taste like Funfetti cake batter with swirls of Oreo pieces in every bite! I don’t know what prompted me to put Oreos with cake batter, but I am so glad I did because it is such a winning combination! Who doesn’t love cookies & cream, or cake batter flavors? Put them together and you’ve created pure magic!
The main component of the cake batter flavor is white chocolate, which sounds weird but totally works and makes these taste exactly like gooey cake batter! These are basically like a white chocolate brownie and they have that same signature brownie fudge-like texture we all love.
You’ll whip up the batter and stir in some rainbow sprinkles and chopped Oreo pieces. Bake it up, let them cool, and enjoy! They are so festive, fun, easy and SO amazing!
Here are some tips to making the best Cake Batter Blondies
- Use high quality white chocolate. Since white chocolate is the main component of the cake batter flavor, it pays to use a better brand like Ghirardelli or Guittard.
- For best results, use white chocolate baking bars. I like using baking bars over chocolate chips for a few reasons. Usually the baking bars are a higher quality chocolate product, and they melt a lot easier than chocolate chips. It sounds weird that chocolate chips don’t melt as well since they’re already so small, but they are quite temperamental and prone to scorching if you’re not careful – especially white chocolate chips!
- When it comes to sprinkles, not all are alike! I like using rainbow jimmies for these, which are the tube-shaped sprinkles in the photos. Non-pareils (aka those teeny tiny ball sprinkles) are so small that they’ll bleed their color into your blondies, creating a muddied look, and disintegrate during baking. Jimmies hold their shape the best!
Now who wants one?!
Cookies & Cream Cake Batter Blondies
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter cubed
- 8 ounces (or two 4-ounce bars) white chocolate bars roughly chopped
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup rainbow jimmie sprinkles
- 1/2 cup Oreo cookies roughly chopped in bite-size pieces
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees F. Line an 8x8 light metal square baking pan with foil, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan. Spray the foil liberally with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, add in the cubed butter and chopped white chocolate bars. Microwave on HIGH power for 20 seconds. Stir, then microwave for another 20 seconds, stirring between interval bursts of 20 seconds or until mixture is smooth and melted cohesively. It is very important to melt the white chocolate slowly on smaller intervals since it is prone to scorching. Once mixture is melted and smooth, let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the sugars, eggs, and vanilla and stir with a rubber spatula to combine. Lastly, stir in the salt and flour until just combined. Fold in the rainbow jimmie sprinkles and the chopped Oreo cookie pieces.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan and smooth out the top. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until light golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Buttery, fudgy, gooey and sweet, you’re going to love these blondies!
Love cake batter? Check out these other recipes!
Have a super sweet day!