These Cake Batter Blondies are ultra fudgy, rich, chewy and sweet with plenty of rainbow sprinkles and a nostalgic cake batter flavor! You will go nuts for these!
Remember when cake batter took the world by storm about 7 years ago? Those were good times.
Somewhere our cake batter obsession morphed into sad kale. I don’t know why we all thought kale was an adequate substitute for sprinkle-laden, buttery cake batter, but it is a sign our society is probably crumbling into ruins.
I love a good cake batter treat now and again (cookie dough is my number 1 always and forever) but it is mostly because I have an addiction to rainbow sprinkles. When I worked at a frozen yogurt shop as a teenager, I would joke that I probably kept the sprinkle demand coming because every shift I would load up my frogurt with about a half pound of those irresistible rainbow jimmies.
What I adore about these blondies in particular is that they are made with things you probably have on hand in your pantry right now, yet they taste incredibly like a fudgy piece of cake batter. They’re soft and chewy but thick and fudgy at the same time and are fully loaded with tons of sprinkles, as is required by cake batter law.
The secret to making these ultra rich and fudgy but also giving them that cake batter flavor is white chocolate. I know you wouldn’t normally think of white chocolate being super cake-like in flavor, but somehow it comes together to make a birthday cake flavor that’s out of this world.
In a way, these are exactly like a white chocolate brownie, made similarly with melted white chocolate instead of say, milk or dark chocolate. The result is sweet but not cloyingly so. I think you’re going to love them!
Of course, when it comes to sprinkles, I like making my own blend of whatever random bits and bobs I have on hand. For these I used some leftover star sprinkles, traditional rainbow jimmies and some heart quinns. Any sprinkle except for non-pareils will work. The reason why non-pareils (those teeny tiny little ball sprinkles) won’t work is because they’ll basically turn your blondies a muddy color when added to the batter and baked and virtually disintegrate during the baking process. You want something sturdier, like a traditional jimmie sprinkle.
This is making ALL of my cake batter dreams come true, and I know these Cake Batter Blondies will make your dreams come true, too!
GLUTEN FREE TIP: I have had several readers make these successfully with King Arthur Flour cup-for-cup GF flour. I have not personally tested this but received testimony. If you’re looking to make these GF, give this a try!
The Best Cake Batter Blondies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter cubed
- 8 ounces or two 4-ounce baking bars white chocolate baking bars, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 & 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles anything but non-pareils work best
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 metal square baking pan with foil, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan. Spray the foil liberally with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, add in the cubed butter and chopped white chocolate bars. Microwave on HIGH power for 20 seconds. Stir, then microwave for another 20 seconds, stirring in between interval bursts of 20 seconds until mixture is smooth and melted cohesively. It's important to melt the white chocolate very slowly in small bursts because it is prone to seizing very easily. Once mixture has melted and is smooth, let set for 5 minutes to cool off some.
- Add in the sugars, eggs, and vanilla and stir with a rubber spatula until combined. Lastly, stir in the salt and flour until a soft batter comes together. Gently fold in the rainbow sprinkles.
- Spread the batter evenly into the baking pan and smooth out the top. Bake for approximately 25-35 minutes or until the top is light golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
I mean, it doesn’t get better (or more sprinkly!) than these!
Craving more cake batter?
Have a super sweet day!