This No-Bake Cake Batter Pie is for extreme cake batter lovers only! Cool and creamy, it tastes just like cake batter before it’s baked. So delicious!
One of my fondest memories growing up was licking the cake batter off of the electric beaters when we’d make a cake. Of course, in our household the cakes started with a box mix since we were no-frills. Boxed Funfetti cake mix just tastes better, in my opinion. That’s the whole Funfetti experience – getting the box, licking the beaters, and enjoying the sprinkle-laden cake when it’s finished.
But some of us don’t get to the “finished” part. I definitely know how tempting cake batter is on its own. I also dabble in raw cookie dough because I like to live on the edge and take my chances.
Nowadays, there’s cake batter flavored everything: PopTarts, bubblegum, popcorn, ice cream… but now we have a new member to the cake batter family: No-Bake Cake Batter Pie! This pie tastes EXACTLY like cake batter got poured into a pie crust.
I wanted something that not only looked like cake batter but tasted like it, too. This pie has a smooth and creamy texture like cake batter, and it has the exact same flavor thanks to boxed Funfetti cake mix in the pie batter.
It couldn’t be simpler to make: you start with a box of vanilla instant pudding mix. Make it with some milk, then fold in a homemade cake batter whipped cream. Add sprinkles, pour into a pie crust, and the hardest part: let it chill! Once it is all set and firmed, you have the most glorious, silky cake batter pie.
Beware, though – if you have impulse control issues when it comes to licking cake batter beaters, you are going to go CRAZY for this pie!
NOTE: If you are concerned about eating raw flour (in the cake mix), heat treat your flour or cake mix. To heat treat, spread it on a baking sheet in an even layer and bake at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes, then cool before proceeding with the recipe. Other options are using a cake mix with a flour alternative (such as almond flour) or if it is really concerning, perhaps find a different recipe 🙂
No-Bake Cake Batter Pie
- One box (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2/3 cup Funfetti cake mix just the dry mix, do not make the cake
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (see note for Cool Whip option)
- One (9" round) prepared graham cracker crust
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles plus more for garnish
- First, prepare the gelatin mixture: in a small saucepan, sprinkle the gelatin powder over 3 Tablespoons of cold water. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add the saucepan to medium-low heat and heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture has dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk until smooth. Set aside. Meanwhile, prepare the whipped cream portion by adding the heavy whipping cream to a stand mixer fixed with the whisk attachment. Whip the heavy whipping cream on high speed for 5-7 minutes, gradually adding in the Funfetti cake mix powder and the liquid gelatin mixture as it whips until it achieves stiff peaks.
- Fold the Funfetti whipped cream mixture into the pudding mixture, taking care to ensure the bottom of the bowl is fully combined and incorporated. Add in the rainbow sprinkles and stir well. Pour the cake batter mixture into the prepared graham cracker crust and smooth out the top.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set. Just before serving, garnish with additional whipped cream and sprinkles, if desired.
Creamy, sweet, silky smooth and super delicious, this Cake Batter Pie is such a winning dessert!!
Craving more cake batter? Check out these recipes!
No-Bake Funfetti Oreo Icebox Cake
Have a super sweet day!
What a *fabulous* idea! Do you suppose it would work for Chocolate, too??
Hi Teresa, yes it absolutely would! Just sub chocolate pudding and chocolate cake mix!
Is it safe to eat raw cake mix? I know there are no eggs being added but the raw flour?
Cassie, there’s always a small risk but I have never had issues. However, if you’re worried about it I would avoid.
You can always follow instructions for cooking raw flour just to be safe. Spread thinly on a baking sheet and cook on low heat until the flour(cake mix) is heated through
How much Cool Whip do you use based on 1 cup of whipped whipping cream? Could you use the lite, or the sugar or fat free versions?
Hi Judi! I would use about 3/4 of the 8-ounce container and save the remaining Cool Whip for garnish! You can absolutely use the lite/sugar-free/fat-free versions!
This sounds like a great recipe! Thanks!
If you like pudding/cream pies, you’ll love this. Made this for my boyfriend and I and it was gone within 24 hours. I’ll be making this one again!
Hi- can this sit out for a couple hours? Want to make for a fundraiser auction .
Hi Alecia, yes it should be okay for a couple hours.