This No-Churn Rainbow Sherbet Ice Cream is SO easy to whip up, does not require an ice cream maker, and tastes just like a decadent rainbow sherbet! Only three ingredients makes this a go-to all summer long!
Hope everyone had a great Fourth of July weekend!
Much to my shock and happiness, we didn’t hear ANY fireworks on Thursday. I was so relieved, as Mannie, my three-legged Border Collie, is positively petrified of them and it’s always a huge production trying to calm him down. I just blasted the TV and some fans (and a white noise app for good measure!) and we were golden, sleeping soundly by 9:30.
And then I promptly spent the rest of the weekend on my butt watching the new season of Stranger Things. I am in LOVE with that show! I love everything about the 80s and I love creepy stories so it was a natural love-at-first-sight for me when I saw season 1. The new season is SO good. I won’t spoil it for you, but let’s just say I was on the edge of my recliner the whole time and I no longer have fingernails from biting them all.
I will say one tiny thing about season 3, and that’s that Steve Harrington works at an ice cream shop in the new Starcourt mall called Scoops Ahoy. He wears an adorable sailor get-up while slinging ice cream for mall goers and it reminded me that I made this No-Churn Rainbow Sherbet a few weeks back and had yet to post it! Now I am remedying that situation because this ice cream sherbet is NOT to be missed!
If you’ve never made no-churn ice cream before, it’s basically the greatest invention ever. You simply take some heavy whipping cream and whip it into stiff peaks, then add in some sweetened condensed milk and fold it together. Freeze it for at least 8 hours, and voila! No-churn ice cream that doesn’t require another cumbersome appliance you only use once in awhile. Of course, that’s just the base flavor: you can make it sweeter with confectioners’ sugar, add in vanilla or any other extract, candies, fudge swirls… you name it!
But for this recipe, we’re making Rainbow Sherbet which is just perfect on its own. Between its gorgeous pastel rainbow colors to its sweet and fruity flavors, it soon became one of my favorite no-churn ice cream recipes I’ve made.
So as I mentioned, you’ll beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks forms, then you’ll add in some sweetened condensed milk. Divide the cream mixture evenly among four small bowls. To get that fruity flavor + color, you’ll simply use Jell-O powder to dye and flavor the ice cream! For this recipe, I used orange, lime, raspberry and berry blue Jell-O mixes!
The hardest part is waiting 8 hours for it to set up, but once it’s ready, just try to keep your hands off of it! It is SO delicious!
Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m back to rewatching Stranger Things for the umpteeth time. See ya later!
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- One 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 Tablespoons raspberry Jello
- 3 Tablespoons orange Jello
- 3 Tablespoons lime Jello
- 3 Tablespoons berry blue Jello
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip the heavy whipping cream on high speed with a whisk attachment until stiff peaks form, about 5-7 minutes. Fold in the sweetened condensed milk gently until fully incorporated.
- Divide the cream mixture among four smaller bowls. Stir the Jello powder into each bowl (one bowl with raspberry, one bowl with orange, and so on).
- Drop heaping ¼ cups worth of each color into a 9" loaf pan, layering the colors on top of one another in random patterns, alternating colors so there aren't giant patches of one flavor. Repeat until bowls are empty. Use a butter knife to gently swirl the colors together a couple of times. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight, before serving.
I absolutely adore this easy ice cream, and you will, too!
Wanna try some more no-churn ice cream recipes? Check out these ones!
Have a super sweet day!