Remember Cosmic Brownies growing up? Now they’ve had a delicious update in this No-Churn Cosmic Brownie Marshmallow Ice Cream! This recipe couldn’t be easier to make… and couldn’t be tastier to eat!
Lately, Sacramento’s weather has been strange. A week or two ago, it was raining and cold... which, if it were up to me, would be Sacramento’s weather year-round. I wore a sweater and cuddled under a blanket… in June.
Now it’s the complete opposite – a major heat-wave that’s striking us in our swimwear. It’s been so hot that the pool water was like hot bath water. So not fun!
So I’ve been hunkered down inside where there’s plenty of cold A/C and lots of ice cream. Can you blame me when it’s 109 out there?
Since Sacramento’s weather can best be described as Dante’s seventh level of Hell, I’ve been trying to stockpile my freezer with tons of ice cream options. Like my mood, my ice cream tastes fluctuate and I want to have options, people! So I set out to create a fabulous one with my favorite childhood treat, Cosmic Brownies.
If you don’t know them, Cosmic Brownies are Little Debbie’s answer to frosted brownies. They’re super dense and fudgy and topped with irresistible little candy-coated sprinkles for a little crunch, and they were the inspiration for this No-Churn Cosmic Brownie Ice Cream!
This no-churn ice cream is made without an ice cream maker which is a life-saver for people who don’t have one… or whose ice cream maker has been lost to the depths of your garage among other once-loved appliances and embarrassing yearbook photos. All you need for this no-churn ice cream is a mixer – either hand-held or a stand mixer – to whip the heavy cream. Then the rest is a little elbow grease and lots of tasty treats!
The result is a super creamy, marshmallow & vanilla flavored ice cream base studded with chunks of Cosmic Brownies and lots of little candy-coated sprinkles swirled throughout. AKA, a blast from your childhood past with a modern update that’s fitting for the hotter weather.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- One (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup marshmallow sundae topping or marshmallow fluff
- 1 box Cosmic Brownies, chopped into bite-size pieces
- ⅔ cup candy-coated chocolate sprinkles (or you may substitute regular sprinkles)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large bowl using an electric mixer, whip the heavy whipping cream and confectioners sugar together on medium-high speed for about 5-7 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Add in the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and marshmallow sauce or fluff and fold together until combined.
- Toss in the chopped brownie pieces and the candy-coated sprinkles and gently fold to combine. Pour the mixture into a resealable plastic or glass food storage container and freeze for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight.
Creamy, sweet, with that gooey marshmallow flavor and fudgy brownie pieces… this ice cream is my new fave!
Have a super sweet day!