This No Churn Caramel Oatmeal Cream Pie Ice Cream is kinda sorta a wonder of the world.
One you can enjoy in the comfort of your own home without a bunch of tourists snapping photos of you. Unless you’re into that kinda thing.
Otherwise, rejoice! – because this ice cream is made without an ice cream maker and tastes every bit as rich and creamy as the store-bought or ice cream parlor kinds. Only I guarantee they don’t have any flavor near as awesome as this one!
If you follow me on Facebook (which hi, you totally should!) you would have seen that I posted a Facebook Live video of myself making no-churn ice cream last week. If you haven’t seen it, pop on over to my page, find the Videos tab on the left, and click the Homemade No-Churn Ice Cream one! Then prepare to be amazed by both my culinary prowess and my acting chops. Quick, someone call Hollywood! I’m destined to play the funny fat girl sidekick to some skinny Zooey Deschanel-type on an ABC sitcom.
In the Facebook Live video, I made a vanilla ice cream base filled with mini M&M’s, chopped Butterfinger candy bars, and caramel sauce… and ladies and gents, it was divine. Y’all went crazy for it, and at the end of the video, I announced I had made this ice cream flavor too, so here we are!
This no-churn ice cream base is extremely versatile. Seriously – stir in whatever you want. Not even joking. The base is very simple: whipped cream and sweetened condensed milk. Add a little sugar if you want a sweeter base, or maybe even some vanilla extract. If you’re piling in a ton of sugary things, maybe skip the sugar. But otherwise, two basic ingredients that you probably have on hand. SO SIMPLE.
And for this particular concoction, I stirred in some cinnamon, brown sugar, caramel sauce and chopped up Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies, because it’s 2016, dangit, and we’re going to eat Oatmeal Cream Pie Ice Cream.
So let’s get eating!!
No Churn Caramel Oatmeal Cream Pie Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 (14 oz can) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- About 4-5 Oatmeal Cream Pies roughly chopped
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer, whip the heavy cream, brown sugar and vanilla extract on HIGH power until fluffy and stiff peaks form. Fold in the cinnamon and sweetened condensed milk gently, until just combined. Fold in the chopped Oatmeal Cream Pies.
- Pour half of the ice cream mixture into a large freezer-safe container with a lid, or a loaf pan. Drizzle with half of the caramel sauce. Top with the remaining ice cream mixture, followed by the remaining caramel sauce.
- Cover and freeze for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight, or until frozen solid.
Buttery, creamy, and bursting with rich, gooey caramel swirls and earthy, warm cinnamon, the base alone is to-die for. But add in those chewy pockets of oatmeal cream pies, and it’s out of this world.
Enjoy! Have a super sweet day!