This Easy Apple Cobbler is fantastic and super simple, thanks to a package of flapjack and waffle mix! You’ll never go back to regular apple cobbler again.
This time of year is my all-time favorite! For one, I no longer have the stress of being “bikini-body ready” because this time of year ensures I’m always poncho-ready, thanks to the copious amounts of fall baking I do. Second, I love fall flavors so much! There’s something so comforting and warming about apples, pumpkin, pecans, pies, and cobblers. I know cobblers and pies can be year-round, but let’s face it: fall baking dominates the pie world as we know it.
Around this time of year, my family and I head to Apple Hill. Situated in Gold Country, it’s a series of orchards nestled in rolling hills amidst vineyards, trees, and lots of fresh mountain air. The orchards have lots of things for the whole family: pumpkin and apple-picking, hayrides, haunted houses, craft booths, and of course: FOOD! Every year that we go, my family and I stock up on their famous pies, caramel apples, and their life-changing apple doughnuts, hot from the fryer.
I also make sure to bring home a bushel of their freshly picked apples because they’re always so perfect, juicy, and sweet, and they have a lot of varieties I can’t find at my grocery store. As you can imagine, while I do eat a lot of the apples by themselves, I mostly bake with them!
I realized I don’t have an apple cobbler recipe on my blog, and that had to change immediately. This year, I’m yet again a brand ambassador for Krusteaz, so when Krusteaz asked me to create a recipe using their new Buttermilk Protein Flapjack and Waffle Mix, I knew I could make cobbler out of the base! The cool thing about this Buttermilk Protein Flapjack Mix is that it is loaded with whole wheat and extra protein, so it makes this cobbler a little heartier.
You basically mix together a cup of the Buttermilk Protein Flapjack Mix with some other simple pantry staples: milk, an egg, melted butter and sugar, and throw in some spices like cinnamon and nutmeg for good measure. Pour the mixture into your pan and top with a heaping mound of freshly sliced, peeled apples: almost any kind will work, so use what’s in your crisper.
The cobbler bakes for almost an hour so it gets nice and golden brown but still has a soft and gooey interior, and the apples get tender but still have a juicy bite. The only other thing it needs is a gigantic scoop of vanilla ice cream. How can you not?!
Easy Apple Cobbler
- 1 cup Krusteaz Buttermilk Protein Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups thinly sliced peeled and cored apples of your choice (I used Gala)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease an 8x8" cake pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flapjack mix, egg, melted butter, milk, sugar, and spices with a whisk until smooth. Batter will be thin. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss together the sliced apples and the brown sugar until coated. Sprinkle the apple and sugar mixture evenly over the top of the batter in the pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the cobbler is golden brown and set. Cool for about 15-20 minutes before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Super easy, comforting, and perfect for cozy fall nights!
Have a super sweet day!
Disclaimer: I am a brand ambassador for Krusteaz and this post is sponsored; however, all opinions are 100% my own. I was compensated for this post. Thanks for supporting the brands that keep my blog alive!