Happy Hump Day, y’all!
If you’re in California and you have kids, chances are, they were turned loose on ya for the summer! At least, my sister’s school was. Well, is. Their last day of school is technically tomorrow.
And that means my sweet baby sister is graduating high school! Where in the world did the time go?!
Seems like just yesterday she was graduating from the 8th grade and now she’s a woman, free from the confines of high school to explore the world and get a taste of real life.
Or something like that. I may have stolen that from a greeting card.
So we’re doing ample celebrating around these parts. I’m baking her a cake for her graduation, obviously, but I’m also trying to make some of her favorite desserts to have on hand in the fridge or freezer so she can celebrate her freedom all summer long. And the first thing I made was this No Bake Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Lush.
I am obsessed with lush desserts – they’re so simple to make and they taste AMAZING. Plus, they’re versatile and only limited to your imagination. Seriously! If you don’t like the peanut butter Oreos I used here for the base, substitute Nutter Butters or regular Oreos. Or, if you’d rather make a vanilla & peanut butter pudding instead of chocolate, do that instead! See? EASY.
And by the way, it’s called ‘lush’ for a reason. Super creamy, fluffy, light-as-air and packed with flavor. Also, the whole no-bake factor is a serious win-win since it’s already in the 100 degrees here.
This *does* need plenty of time to set in the fridge, so make it the night before you plan on serving it or in the early AM so it’s ready by nighttime. The more time it has in the fridge, the better – otherwise, while it will still taste phenomenal, it may be a little on the gloopy side. ‘Gloopy’ being the scientific term here.
So are you ready to dig in?!
No Bake Reese's Peanut Butter Lush
- 1 pkg Peanut Butter Oreos coarsely crushed
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter melted
- 1 (3.4 oz box) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1¾ cups milk
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (16 oz tub) Cool Whip thawed
- 1 cup miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups chopped in half
- Chocolate syrup
- Liberally grease an 8x8" or 9x9" square baking pan with cooking spray and set aside. In a large bowl, toss together the coarse Oreo crumbs and the melted butter until moistened and combined. Press evenly into the bottom of the pan, compacting slightly with a measuring cup or your hands. Set aside.
- Wipe out the bowl and add in the pudding mix, milk and peanut butter. Whisk for 2 minutes or until thickened. Fold in HALF (8 oz) of the Cool Whip until creamy and combined. Spread into the prepared pan in an even layer. Top with the remaining Cool Whip. Sprinkle on the peanut butter cups.
- Refrigerate uncovered for at LEAST 6 hours, preferably overnight, before cutting into squares to serve. Just before serving, drizzle with chocolate syrup.
Creamy, dreamy, light and peanut buttery, this Lush was my family’s favorite yet!
Want more Lush Dessert ideas? Check out my other flavors!
Have a super sweet day!
Talk about a lush life. (could not resist). Would enjoy to slam my face full of this.
Dude, you and me both!
Michele @ Alwayzbakin says
I’m pretty sure I need this in my life ASAP! Yum! Peanut butter is one of my great weaknesses.
I hear ya, girl!
Brasserie Louis says
Oh my favourite Reese !! It looks so marvelous. This weekend I will definitely prepare it. Thanks for sharing this sweet and tasty recipe ? Keep posting.
Thanks so much for your sweet comment!
Kayle (The Cooking Actress) says
You’re the best sister!!! And this is the best lush EVAAAAH
I knew you’d like this one! 🙂
Are you talking about a full package of cookies, the 14.3 ounce size? That seems like a lot of cookie crust for an 8 x 8 size pan . Also I know they make the sleeves of cookies that are like 16 cookies so I’m just not sure which size package you mean? Thanks!
Hi Annette, yes, it is the regular size package of Oreo cookies. This has a thick crust!
Great thanks for the reply!
Can this be made in a 9×13″ pan with this recipe?
Hi Dawn, I would double it.
I have just made this in a 9X9 pan and don’t have room for the other 8 ounces of whip cream. I would definitely try it next time in a 9X13. There is no way I can get all that, plus the topping 8 oz and the halved reeses cups. I haven’t tasted it and I’m sure it will be great!
For the pudding in the paint butter have to follow the constructions on the pudding box first or do up just add in the powder ?
Can you use almond milk instead of regular milk? I have a dairy sensitivity
Hi Teresa, I believe almond milk should work in the pudding mix!
Would it be possible to do a half pretzel and half oreo crust?
Hi Juli, that would be great! Just make sure the Oreos and pretzels are relatively the same size.
Dennis Berkoben says
Do you mix in half the coolwhip with the chocolate pudding and peanut butter? Is their a video?