What can I say? I am obsessed with these lush dessert recipes.
So needless to say, a Strawberry Cheesecake Lush was bound to happen.
One, because it’s spring and this recipe is super springy. And two, because I don’t have very many strawberry recipes on this site. Sorry about that! I promise it’ll change, starting with this recipe!
What I love about lush desserts is that they’re incredibly versatile, portable, great for feeding a crowd, and they have a fun name. I mean, what other dessert can you call a lush? Although this doesn’t have booze in it, it’s lush in the fact that it’s so creamy and light… positively luscious.
Plus, they take minutes to make, and while they do take time to set up, you can make them the night before for easiness and just break it out when everyone has a dessert hankering. Easy as pie. Or lush. 🙂
So let’s talk more about this lush because I am obsessed with it, and also because you don’t want to hear about my other obsessions, which are far more boring than this.
This lush starts with a Golden Oreo base. Crush ’em up in coarse crumbs and mix it with a little melted butter to hold everything together. Press it into your greased pan – I like using an 8″ pan, but you could use a 9″ pan or double the recipe for a 13×9″ pan. This entire recipe is no-bake, so there’s no need to bake the crust, either. Yasssss.
Next, wipe out your bowl and make your pudding. For this recipe, you’ll need one box of instant cheesecake pudding mix. I use the 3.4 ounce box, which is sold at most grocery stores. Mix it up with a little milk and then fold in some Cool Whip until it’s nice and smoooooth. Then stir in some chopped fresh strawberries. So delicious, y’all!
Spread it in the pan and top with more Cool Whip and chopped strawberries. Let it set for a couple hours (at least 6, but preferably overnight) and then serve it up! This stuff is addicting! Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
A few notes…
Oreo just released Strawberry Shortcake Golden Oreos. They are pretty darn tasty! You can absolutely use these in place of the Golden Oreos in this recipe for more of a strawberry flavor.
Please use instant pudding in this recipe! If you cannot find the 3.4 oz box of cheesecake pudding mix, use the 1 oz box – just make sure the 1 oz box yields the same amount as the 3.4 oz box (about 4 servings).
Now make this!
- 1 pkg Golden Oreos, coarsely crushed
- 6 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 (3.4 oz) pkg instant cheesecake pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (16 oz) tub Cool Whip, thawed
- 4 cups chopped strawberries, divided
- Grease an 8" or 9" square pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the coarse Oreo crumbs with the melted butter; toss to combine and coat completely until moist. Press the Oreo crumbs into the prepared pan in an even layer, compacting with the bottom of a glass if necessary.
- Wipe out the bowl and add in the pudding mix and the milk. Whisk for about 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Fold in half of the Cool Whip (about 2 cups) until combined. Fold in two cups of the strawberries.
- Spread the mixture into the pan. Top with the remaining Cool Whip and the remaining strawberries. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight, until set.
Creamy, sweet, light and luscious, this lush dessert is packed with amazing strawberries and is so simple to prepare… and even simpler to eat!
Have a super sweet day!