These Rolo Ritz Cracker Sandwich Cookies are absolutely irresistible! If you are a lover of all things sweet and salty, these buttery, caramel-filled, chocolate-covered cracker sandwich cookies are for you!
If you’re like me, you’re probably plotting what to make for your annual holiday goodie bags. I usually whip up a little goodie bag for my favorite neighbors and my closest friends and each goodie bag usually has five or six treats in it for a nice little variety. Of course, narrowing down my lengthy list of options is basically a full-time job, but I manage to get it done.
Usually when I’m looking for treats to make for these annual goodie bags, I look for easy things you can make a lot of. Since we are all short on time during the holidays, I like treats that pack a punch and are a cinch to make without all the hassle and drama. Plus, none of my friends will have to know how EASY these are. I mean, the hardest part is unwrapping all of the individual Rolos (which now you can also find already unwrapped Rolos!) and arranging them on the Ritz crackers… sooo, basically a task you can give to your three year old!
These Rolo Ritz Cracker Sandwich Cookies have a few simple components: Ritz crackers, of course – these make up the “sandwich” part of the cookie; Rolos – aka any caramel-filled chocolate candy…Dove also makes great little squares you could use; and chocolate almond bark or chocolate candy coating to coat the outside in chocolate, duh. For a little extra zhush I like to top with some sprinkles or flaky sea salt to really drive home that addictive sweet and salty flavor.
You simply line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment and arrange about 30-33 Ritz crackers (about one sleeve) upside down onto the baking sheet. Top the Ritz with an unwrapped Rolo candy. Bake very briefly in a warm oven, then sandwich the Rolo with another Ritz cracker and voila! Just let the candy center set and then dunk into some melted chocolate candy coating. I like to finish it off with holiday sprinkles or flaky sea salt.
Buttery, sweet, salty, crunchy, and oh so tasty – these Rolo Ritz Cracker Sandwich Cookies will surely become a huge hit!
Rolo Ritz Cracker Sandwich Cookies
- 60-66 Ritz crackers (about 2 sleeves)
- 30-33 Rolo candies unwrapped
- 16 oz (1 lb) chocolate candy coating or almond bark
- Holiday sprinkles
- Flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 200° degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Place 30-33 (or one sleeve's worth) of Ritz crackers upside down onto the baking sheet. Top each Ritz cracker with an unwrapped Rolo candy.
- Bake for about 3 minutes or until the Rolo's look glossy but have retained their shape. Immediately press the remaining sleeve's worth of Ritz crackers on top of the softened Rolos to create a sandwich. Allow the sandwich cookies to set briefly, about 20 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate candy coating according to package directions. Using a fork, dip each sandwich cookie one at a time into the candy coating, coating all sides. Allow excess to drip off of the fork and return to the baking sheet. Sprinkle the still-wet surface with flaky sea salt or holiday sprinkles. Allow the chocolate to harden and set, about 10 minutes.
I love how addictively crunchy and sweet & salty these easy little sandwich cookies are!
Have a super sweet day!