Buckle up, because these Circus Animal Cookie Rice Krispy Treats are going to blow your mind! Thick and chewy krispy treats with extra marshmallows and real pieces of Circus Animal Cookies!
Just so you know, I have zero intentions on ceasing my love for Circus Animal Cookie recipes. Just so we’re crystal clear. I love them too damn much!
And according to my traffic searches and engagement on Instagram, you guys do, too! I love that because you guys also find these bright and sprinkly cookies nostalgic and fun as well.
These Circus Animal Cookie Rice Krispy Treats are certainly every bit as bright and happy as the cookies themselves, with a one-two punch of extra deliciousness since they’re Rice Krispy Treats as well! Rice Krispy Treats, or as I call them: RKTs – are one of my favorite sweets because they’re simple but so perfect. Nothing beats that gooey marshmallow and butter mixture combined with crispy cereal.
These treats couldn’t be simpler to make, either! Here’s how you do it.
First, they start as any self-respecting RKT does: butter and marshmallows! You’ll melt the two together until they’re nice and smooth and totally combined. To the melted marshmallow mixture, you’ll add in some coarsely crushed circus cookies and the crispy rice cereal, as well as some extra marshmallows. Mix it all together and pour it into a greased 9×13 baking pan. One of the keys for delicious RKTs is to not compress the mixture when putting it in the pan. Get it in an even layer, but do not press down on it. The taller and more craggly the top looks, the better!
Let it set for about an hour and then garnish with some melted hot pink candy melts, sprinkles, and additional crushed circus cookies. I mean, can you even HANDLE how good these look!?
Buttery, thick and chewy Circus Animal Cookie Rice Krispy Treats. Come to mama!
Circus Animal Cookie Rice Krispy Treats
- 11 ounces (One 11oz bag) Circus Animal Cookies
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 10 ounces PLUS 2 cups miniature marshmallows divided
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2/3 cup hot pink candy melts
- Non-pareils sprinkles
- First, grease a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Add the circus animal cookies to a food processor and pulse 3-5 times or until cookies resemble coarse crumbs - some with larger pieces, some with smaller. Reserve 2/3 cup of this mixture.
- Next, melt the 10-ounce bag of marshmallows and butter together in a very large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH power for 30 seconds, then stir and microwave for another 30 seconds or until mixture is melted and smooth. Stir in the crushed cookies, the cereal, and the remaining 2 cups of miniature marshmallows, stirring quickly until fully combined. Pour the cereal treat mixture into the prepared pan and spread it into an even layer. Tip: avoid compressing the cereal treats - get them into an even layer but leave an uneven, craggly surface on top.
- Allow krispy treats to cool and set for about 1 hour. Just before serving, melt the candy melts according to package directions or until smooth and melted. Drizzle evenly over the krispy treats and immediately garnish with remaining crushed cookies and non-pareils sprinkles. Let chocolate candy coating set before cutting into bars.
These Circus Animal Cookie Rice Krispy Treats are AMAZING and I know you’ll agree!
Craving more circus cookie treats? Check out these recipes!
Circus Animal Cookie Magic Bars
Homemade Frosted Circus Animal Cookies
Have a super sweet day!
This was such a fun and easy treat for my son and I to make together!
Yay, so glad you guys enjoyed it, Erin!
such a simple and fun recipe (and delicious)! perfect for a birthday treat. I added the full 2 bags minus the 2 cups of mini marshmallows to the treats to make them extra gooey.
Thanks so much, Tiffany!
Made for a bachelorette party . They tasted great but my cookies colors melted way to fast. So I got pink Rice crispy treats and plain looking cookies. Good thing it was pink theme party ha
My daughter will love these treats!
My daughter will love these treats! Thanks for sharing