These Circus Animal Cookie Magic Bars are going to be one of your new favorites! Soft and chewy bars fully loaded with circus animal cookies from childhood!
I know there has been a lot of circus animal cookie talk around here lately, but I just can’t help myself! I am having SO many irresistible ideas pertaining to these cheerful cookies and I can’t stop making all these recipes with them!
These bars are no exception!
Back when I started my blog, I found out how to make magic bars/seven layer bars using cake mix as the base and I became a little obsessed with making new variations all the time. It’s just so easy and fun to come up with all these different flavor combos or themes… and I am honestly shocked I have yet to create one like this!
These Circus Animal Cookie Magic Bars start with Funfetti cake mix, oil or melted butter, and an egg. You’ll mix it up together until it creates a thick almost dough. Press the dough into a foil-lined and greased 13×9 baking dish and bake briefly just to set the base. I like using this cake mix base for my magic bars because it adds great flavor and is a lot more sturdy than traditional graham crackers.
After it briefly bakes, you’ll remove from the oven for a second to top it off with the good stuff: chopped circus animal cookies, white chocolate chips, plenty of rainbow sprinkles, and sweetened condensed milk. Bake it up until light golden brown and set, and you’re basically done – although you do need to wait for them to cool completely and set which is VERY difficult since they look and smell SO divine!
These bars are soft and chewy but have crunchy bits from the cookies and pockets of gooey white chocolate where it melted slightly with the condensed milk. The sprinkles add such a fun, joyful touch and really amps up these happy bars!
Circus Animal Cookie Magic Bars: AKA, tangible happiness!
Circus Animal Cookie Magic Bars
- One box Funfetti cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil (may substitute with 1/2 c melted butter)
- One (11 oz) bag circus animal cookies roughly chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup rainbow jimmies
- One (14 oz can) sweetened condensed milk
- Rainbow non-pareils for garnish after baking
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees F. Line a 13x9 rectangular light metal baking dish with foil, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan. Spray the foil with cooking spray; set aside briefly.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, egg, and oil (or butter if using) with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until a soft dough comes together. Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake the dough base for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven but keep oven on.
- Liberally and evenly top the dough base with the chopped cookies, white chocolate chips, and rainbow jimmies. Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top. Return to the oven and continue baking for 20-22 minutes or until the top is very light golden brown and the bars appear set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the pan until room temperature. I like to either let set at room temperature for at least 2 hours, or refrigerate for 1 hour, to really set the bars for clean slices. You could even cover and let set overnight if you'd prefer.
Super yummy, totally fun and irresistibly sweet, you’re going to LOVE these bars!!
Craving more magic bars? Check out these recipes…
Oreo Cookies & Cream Magic Bars
Have a super sweet day!
Loved these!!! Recently got my addicted to these frosted animal cookies so it was a muSt try. I’m no baker so I love the simplicity of her recipes. I made half of this recipe BC I HAVE NO SELF CONTROL and i will def be trying the other flavors she has on her blog❤️ Also made the brownies, AMAAAAAAZING!
Ceciii, so glad you loved them!!!
This was fun to make with my kids. We surprised hubby for Father’s Day because the circus animal cookies are his fav. Everyone loved them! Super duper sweet, but amazing and easy.
So glad you and your family enjoyed them!
Gloria Seymour says
Loved the recipe! I made it into a gluten free and dairy free version for me to eat.