This Tiramisu Oreo Icebox Cake is a delicious no-bake cake consisting of coffee-soaked Oreos layered in a sweetened whipped cream cheese mixture and chocolate shavings!
Tiramisu is one of my all-time favorite desserts. I simply cannot resist it whenever I see it on the menu.
There is something so simple about it, but it packs tremendous flavor and all the components work so harmoniously together. How can you go wrong with chocolate and coffee?
I have a few tiramisu-inspired recipes on my blog, but this new version very well may be my new favorite! Not only is it simple to assemble, it tastes AMAZING. Who can resist Oreos soaked in coffee and layered with sweetened whipped cream cheese and shaved chocolate? Certainly not I.
I’ve been trying to come up with awesome summertime recipes that don’t require an oven and icebox cakes are one of my go-tos. They’re a cinch to whip up, look beautiful with all their glorious layers and taste fantastic. Plus, you can totally experiment with whatever flavor profiles or mix-ins your heart desires.
For this version, it is all about tiramisu flavors. We’re taking the classic coffee, cream and chocolate flavors and blending them together in this show-stopping No-Bake Tiramisu Oreo Icebox Cake!
Like any self-respecting icebox cake, you need the “cake” part. Usually this is graham crackers or some kind of cookie, not an actual cake layer which would get far too soggy. For this, we’re obviously using Oreo cookies! I used regular Double Stuf Oreos, but now I see they make a tiramisu Oreo which would be incredible if you can find it! You could also use the latte Oreos I’ve seen floating around.
We’ll briefly dunk each Oreo cookie into a creamy coffee mixture, then assemble them in layers in a springform pan. In between the Oreo layers, we’ll layer on a cream cheese/whipped cream mixture that is SO delicious. After that, we’ll garnish with shaved chocolate, then repeat the layers.
The hardest part is waiting for the cake to set in the fridge – a good 4-6 hours, preferably overnight to really allow the cookies to absorb that coffee mixture and have all the layers and flavors meld together. Just before serving, garnish with additional whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Not only is this Tiramisu Oreo Icebox Cake gorgeous, it is SO delicious – rich yet light and fluffy with chocolate and coffee flavors. You’re going to love it!
No-Bake Tiramisu Oreo Icebox Cake
- 2 packages Double Stuf Oreos may use seasonal tiramisu-flavored Oreos or latte Oreos if you can find them
- 2/3 cup brewed black coffee at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1¾ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 8 ounces (One package) cream cheese softened
- 2/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate bar
- Additional whipped cream and chocolate curls for decoration - optional but recommended
- Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 9" or 10" springform pan. Set aside. Meanwhile, mix the 1 Tablespoon milk and the black coffee into a small bowl; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip the heavy whipping cream and confectioners' sugar together with the whisk attachment on HIGH speed for about 5-7 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Spoon the whipped cream into a medium bowl and set aside.
- In the same bowl for the stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese, granulated sugar and vanilla extract with the paddle attachment until soft and creamy, about 2 minutes. Fold the whipped cream mixture into the cream cheese mixture with a rubber spatula until no streaks of whipped cream remain and mixture is fully incorporated.
- Spread a little bit of the cream cheese mixture into the bottom of the springform pan to help adhere the first Oreo layer. Dunk each Oreo, one at a time, into the coffee mixture and layer around the bottom of the pan, breaking Oreo pieces if necessary to fit. Spread 1/3 of the cream cheese mousse mixture evenly over the first Oreo layer; grate some of the chocolate from the chocolate bar over the cream cheese mousse layer. Repeat with Oreo layer, then cream cheese mousse, then grated chocolate layers. Repeat once more for a total of three layers.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours, or up to overnight, to allow cake to set and flavors to meld. Just before serving, garnish with additional whipped cream and chocolate curls, if desired.
Beautiful, creamy, chocolaty, rich yet light – this icebox cake is sure to become a family fave!
Craving more tiramisu? Check out these recipes:
Have a super sweet day!