If you’re craving a cake but don’t feel like baking one, these No-Bake Birthday Cake Parfaits are your answer! Layers of moist cake and a sinfully delicious birthday cake mousse complete these easy parfaits!
So I just started working out again after five years off.
I didn’t think I needed it so much for weight loss (although that wouldn’t be bad!) but more like a tension reliever. A mental weight loss, so to speak.
A friend and former neighbor gave me a free 30-day pass to her gym and I decided to go yesterday… but unbeknownst to me, it was the hardest class of the week.
My first time back to a gym and I picked THE hardest class to go to. Welcome back I guess?
Needless to say, it was exactly what I needed. I worked my butt off for one hour and cried half the time there, and sobbed on the way home. I didn’t cry because it was painful or I was embarrassed that I couldn’t do a full push-up. I think I cried as a cathartic release! I’ve been kind of in a funk lately and getting my heart pumping was exactly what I needed. (But I’m just glad Tuesday is still a week away. Tabata is no joke!)
Now that I’m back on the gym bandwagon, I feel better about indulging in sweets 🙂 It’s well deserved after squatting 2347628374 times in one hour! I didn’t have any of these No-Bake Birthday Cake Parfaits left, but I am SO making them again soon because they are LIFE. CHANGING!
Since it is already so hot here in Sacramento, I’m looking for ALL the ways to enjoy desserts without turning on my oven, and these came to the rescue in the nick of time. All the flavors of real, actual cake but without heating up the house? Sign me the frick up!
The parfaits start with a prepared cake as the cake base (duh). For this, I grabbed a really nice prepared pound cake from my local grocer’s bakery department, but if you want to bake up your own cake you totally can! Because this gets adorned and layered with a birthday cake mousse, I will recommend that you probably pick a cake that is unfrosted.
Cut the cake into cubes and set aside while you prepare the birthday cake mousse. AKA, my new favorite condiment.
It consists of cream cheese, dry cake mix powder, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and whipped cream. Fold in some rainbow sprinkles and you have the most amazing, light and fluffy birthday cake mousse!
All you have to do is assemble the parfaits before eating: some pound cake cubes, a swirl of birthday cake mousse, and repeat! I garnished the final parfaits with some more whipped cream and a smattering of rainbow sprinkles, as one does.
Make these now and thank me later!
- 5 cups pound cake cubes, cut into 1" squares (likewise, you can use any other cake you'd like. I just recommend that it is unfrosted)
- 1 & ¼ cups heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup confectioners' sugar
- ¾ cup dry vanilla cake mix (JUST the powdered mix)
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup rainbow sprinkles
- Additional whipped cream and rainbow sprinkles for garnish
- First, make your birthday cake mousse: In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip the heavy whipping cream on high speed with the whisk attachment until soft peaks form, about 4-5 minutes. Add in the confectioners' sugar and dry cake mix powder and continue beating until stiff peaks form, about another 2 minutes. Fold in the rainbow sprinkles. Pour the whipped cream into a separate medium bowl and set aside.
- In the same bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese, granulated sugar, and vanilla until combined and smooth, about 1 minute. Fold in the whipped cream until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Among 4-6 small glasses or Mason jars (I used about 8-oz glasses and got about 5 parfaits), add in some cake cubes to cover the bottom - about ½ - ⅔ cups worth. Pipe about 2-3 Tablespoons of birthday cake mousse on top of the cake cubes. Layer with more cake cubes and more birthday cake mousse, finishing with the birthday cake mousse. Garnish with more whipped cream and sprinkles, if desired. Store leftovers in the fridge.
These are sweet, satisfying and oh so adorable! You’re going to love them!
Have a super sweet day!