If you are craving something sweet, chocolaty and easy that’s totally no-bake, look no further than these Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites! Bite-size sweet and salty pretzels filled with egg-free edible cookie dough and coated in sweet milk chocolate. So delicious and addictive!
You guys, I have been feeling so inspired for recipes lately which is weird because I’m in a funk in the rest of my life, ha!
I just can’t seem to stop thinking of old recipes to bring back from the dead or concocting new recipes for the upcoming summer months. It’s to the point where there aren’t enough hours in the day to bake up all the things I want to bake! I feel like this never happens, so I’m trying my hardest to take advantage of the inspiration while it lasts.
And since it’s already summertime and it’s the season of no-bake treats, I’ve been extra inspired to find summer-friendly recipes to satisfy your cravings without the use of an oven. Score! I mean, coming from the land of 110 degree F summers, it’s the least I can do (for my sanity and yours!).
Last week I brought back some Oreo-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies from the archives! If you’re new here, a good five or six years back, every blogger and their mother had their recipe for Oreo-stuffed chocolate chip cookies. It was one of the hottest trends in food blogging for sure. But since then, it’s died down some so I brought the recipe back from the dead and everyone loved the revival! So I got to thinking of other archival revivals that needed to happen, and these Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites were at the tippy top of that list.
These pretzel bites also had a heated moment way back when but have since gone to the wayside. But since edible cookie dough is all the rage right now, I figured why not bring them back to their rightful spot in the limelight?
They couldn’t be easier to make AND they satisfy all the top cravings: chocolate, cookie/cookie dough, sweet, salty, crunchy, creamy. And they’re NO-BAKE!!
For this recipe, you’ll make some cookie dough. This cookie dough recipe is safe to eat, has heat-treated flour and zero eggs in it so no worries here! Just cream together some butter, brown sugar, and granulated white sugar together until creamy. Add in some vanilla and a couple Tablespoons or so of milk (to replace the eggs!). Lastly, add in some heat-treated flour OR any flour substitute you’d like, and chocolate chips of course (we’re using mini chocolate chips today for this one!).
Then you’ll just roll out two teaspoons of dough (per pretzel bite) into a ball and press it in between two miniature pretzel twists. Make all the pretzel bites then refrigerate briefly to set. While they chill, melt your milk chocolate candy coating, then dunk each pretzel twist in the candy coating (I just dunked one side to make it look pretty!). For a finishing touch, I added some chocolate sprinkles to jazz them up – who doesn’t love sprinkles?!
Crunchy, creamy, sweet & salty edible Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites – you have gotta try these!
Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tablespoons milk start with one Tablespoon and only add the second if dough is too stiff or dry
- 1¼ cups heat-treated all-purpose flour* or flour alternative such as almond flour, oat flour, or coconut flour
- 1 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 40-50 Mini pretzel twists
- One (12 oz package) Ghiarardelli chocolate melting wafers
- Chocolate sprinkles
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar with the paddle attachment until creamy and smooth, about 1 minute. Add in the vanilla extract and milk, beating well. Lastly, add in the flour until a soft dough comes together. Stir in the miniature chocolate chips.
- Using a two-teaspoon size measuring spoon, measure out balls of cookie dough. Gently press each cookie dough ball in between two mini pretzel twists. Place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet and repeat with remaining pretzel bites. Refrigerate pretzel bites until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Melt the candy coating according to package directions or until smooth. Dunk half of each pretzel bite into the melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Return to the baking sheet and top with chocolate sprinkles. Repeat with remaining pretzel bites. Allow chocolate to set before serving. These are best served out of the fridge!
- TO HEAT TREAT ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR: Simply place the flour in a microwave safe bowl or plate and heat on HIGH power for 1 minute.
You are going to adore these easy, addictive pretzel bites!
Have a super sweet day!