Because pumpkin season is in full swing, I have a week’s worth of pumpkin recipes for you guys this week. And this Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread is starting us off right.
I’ve already told you about how I’m the worst packer. Well now I’m officially the worst unpacker because I’ve been back from a Seattle conference trip for almost a week and I still have yet to unpack.
My suitcase is just lying open and unwanted in the living room and has remained untouched for days. In it, contents of swag, a couple pairs of shoes, receipts piled up everywhere and conference materials strewn about.
But when I walk by it, I just can’t muster up the desire to unpack it. I just walk by it and shoot resentful daggers at it from my eyeballs because unpacking is like, the worst chore ever. Aside from emptying the dishwasher. And putting away laundry. And dusting. And every other chore because let’s face it, I’m no Cinderella.
And at this point the suitcase has become like a focal point in our living room. I imagine it’d look great with a pile of pumpkins surrounding it for Halloween, and come Christmastime, it’d look lovely draped in a half-assed pile of colorful Christmas lights.
Just kidding. Kind of.
Anyway, instead of cleaning up my suitcase I have made this Pumpkin Bread and I have to say, making pumpkin bread was much better. This bread is moist, super soft, plush and has amazing texture. Plus, it’s a cinch to make and even easier to eat. You don’t wanna miss this!
*from my pumpkin bread recipe
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree pure pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 heaping tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease an 8-or-9" loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine all of the bread ingredients except for the chocolate chips and stir until just barely combined. Gently fold in the chocolate chips. Do not overmix as this will lead to tough bread. Spread into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for approx. 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean or with moist crumbs. Cool completely in the pan before inverting onto a wire rack to slice and serve.
Tender, moist, packed with pumpkin flavor and studded with sweet chocolate chips, this super fluffy bread will soon become a family favorite in your house! Spread it with butter, toast it up, or top with Nutella for an extra indulgent treat. Either way, make this bread happen, please?
Have a super sweet day!