Well, the best and the worst wrapped up into one messed up person.
You see, I just got home from a quick little jaunt to NYC and I spent hours packing for this long-weekend trip. Ruminating over every piece of clothing, every necklace, every cosmetic, everything. And then I packed.
And promptly unpacked.
And promptly repacked, after assessing I had everything in there appropriately the first time.
And then an hour later, unpacked again. Because last time I checked, I maybe forgot something.
So then I repack again. Will this cycle never end?
And finally, after hours of deliberation, rumination, and excruciating unpacking and repacking, I finally decided I was good to go… only to second-guess myself at the very last minute the morning I was to leave.
WHYYYYY does this happen to me?!
Why am I such a control freak who has to have everything in its perfect little place? Or feel like I’m going to die if I don’t bring XYZ necklace or XYZ pair of shoes? Hello, that’s just another excuse to go shopping, after all.
But regardless, time and time again I go through the packing and unpacking motions. Thanks, OCD, you’re a real help in this whole vacation thing.
ANYWHO. Before my jaunt, I made this Easy Coconut Cream Pie. You guys – this pie could not be simpler to whip up. It’s so creamy, luscious, thick and light, it’s like you’re eating coconut cream clouds. And it’s prepared in a premade graham cracker crust, so there’s no baking, no muss, no fuss. Amazing!
I wish I could have packed this.
Easy Coconut Cream Pie
- 1 prepared graham cracker pie crust
- 2 (3.4 oz each) boxes instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 2 cups milk I used 1%
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1 (8 oz) tub Cool Whip Free thawed
- About 1/2 cup toasted coconut I toasted mine in a skillet
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pudding mixes and milk until thick and creamy, about 2 minutes. Fold in 3/4 of the Cool Whip and the 2/3 cup of shredded coconut until combined and creamy. Pour into the prepared pie crust.
- Spread carefully with remaining Cool Whip and top with toasted coconut. Refrigerate to set for at least 4 hours or until firm. Cut into slices and serve. Store leftovers in the fridge.
I hope you enjoy! Have a sweet day!