Why? Because it’s hot outside, and inevitably, the hotter the day is, the more I want to turn on my oven and bake something. I always seem to get those strong hankerings to bake whenever it’s the warmest day. I can’t explain why, but it’s always a tug-of-war in my head to decide whether or not turning on the oven is worth it.
And depending on the recipe, I usually do and just bear through the heat. My family, however, is not too keen on this process. But hey, baking is my job and I gotta do what I gotta do, right? Someone’s got to make the dough, and I don’t mean the cookie dough.
However, one of the job descriptions of being a food blogger is the ability to challenge myself to make new and inventive things depending on the seasons, the ingredients, or the holidays. And in my desperate limbo of “to bake or not to bake”, I happened to come up with this idea for a no-bake cheesecake.
And I have to say, it’s pretty brilliant.
I wanted something refreshing that would totally cool you off without being heavy and of course, without heating up the kitchen. Plus, with Fourth of July coming up, I also challenged myself to make this dessert patriotic for the upcoming holiday. And with the season, I wanted to utilize fresh berries since they’re perfect this time of year and relatively inexpensive at the farmers market. Oh, and then there’s the fact that I absolutely had to use JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Crème in it because duh.
As a marshmallow lover and JET-PUFFED’s brand ambassador this year, I’m always looking for new ways to incorporate marshmallows or marshmallow crème into my recipes for that sweet flavor and gooey texture. Incorporating marshmallow crème into these no-bake cheesecakes gives it a fluffy, whipped texture that’s absolutely amazing and pairs beautifully with the fresh blueberries and strawberries. Garnish it with a little handful of JET-PUFFED’s Star Mallows on top and you’ve got an easy, impressive patriotic treat to serve up to your family or backyard BBQ guests.
The best part? Your oven stays off the whole time. Hallelujah!
- 1 pkgs (8 oz) PHILADELPHIA Light Cream Cheese, softened
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ (7 oz) jar JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Crème
- ½ (8 oz) tub Cool Whip Free, thawed
- ⅔ cup fresh blueberries
- ⅔ cup fresh strawberries, diced
- JET-PUFFED Star Mallows, for garnish
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with a handheld electric mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes, or until creamy and fluffy. Beat in the marshmallow crème until combined. Lastly, fold in the Cool Whip until incorporated and mixture is light and fluffy.
- Place the mixture into a piping bag or a large resealable plastic bag and snip off a corner of the bag. Fill the bottoms of miniature 4 oz jars with about a Tablespoon each of the blueberries and strawberries. Pipe the cheesecake on top, filling to the brim of the jar.
- Top the cheesecakes with an arrangement of JET-PUFFED Star Mallows for a patriotic touch. Tie wooden spoons to the front of each jar for an easy, portable dessert. Store cheesecakes in the fridge until ready to serve.
These No-Bake Patriotic Marshmallow Cheesecakes are so dreamy! Fluffy whipped cheesecake flavored like sweet, gooey marshmallows and paired with fresh, juicy berries in adorable, portable mason jars for easy cleanup and fast service. What’s not to love?
Be sure to connect with JET-PUFFED on their social media accounts for more sweet recipes, tips & tricks, and information about marshmallows! You can find them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google + and Pinterest!
Hope you have a sweet day!