These Texas Sheetcake Bites are seriously AMAZING! No-bake bites with a sinfully delicious Texas sheetcake-style frosting on top!
The idea for these No-Bake Texas Sheetcake Bites came to me when I was craving sheetcake frosting but didn’t want to turn the oven on since it’s been 100 degrees here lately. I was trying to think of a vessel I could slather that heavenly, sugary frosting on besides a spoon, and brownie bites came to mind – you know, the ones from the store bakery? Those are the perfect, poppable vessel for holding this substantial, chocolaty frosting.
- About 30 pre-made, packaged brownie bites (find these in your local grocery store's bakery)
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 5 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 5 Tbsp milk or heavy cream
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- About 1 cup chopped pecan pieces
- Line up the brownie bites onto a large rimmed sheet pan in an even layer. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt together the butter, cocoa powder, and milk over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it comes to a boil. Immediately remove from the heat and stir in the powdered sugar and vanilla until a glossy, thick frosting is achieved. Stir in the pecans quickly.
- Drop heaping Tablespoonfuls of frosting on top of each brownie bite. It's okay if the frosting falls down the sides of the brownie bite; these are not pretty desserts but they are tasty! Allow the frosting to harden and set for about 20-30 minutes before serving. Store leftovers airtight at room temperature for up to 5 days.
I mean, are these heavenly or are they heavenly? Simply amazing! I love the classic sheetcake frosting: it’s ultra rich, super chocolaty and buttery soft. Plus, the salty crunch of the pecans is just perfect against these tiny, fudgy brownie bites. The perfect bite for days when turning on the oven isn’t an option!