I officially declare this week S’mores Week. Mostly because I’m craving marshmallows like a mad woman. I guess it helps that I’m JET-PUFFED’s brand ambassador, right? 🙂
Anywho. After trying Starbucks’ S’mores Frappuccino, recreating it here, and obsessing, I realized I’m a die-hard s’mores fan and I needed ALLTHESMORES. So S’mores Week is actually a natural progression as we dive deeper into my obsession. Don’t mind me!
Aaaaand of course, you can’t have s’mores without cookies. Or maybe you can, I dunno. But I personally think cookies and s’mores should go hand-in-hand. After all, graham crackers are basically cookies and they’re required with s’mores, so there’s that bit of evidence supporting my theory. You can’t argue with cookies, and if you can, you suck.
These S’mores Thumbprint Cookies couldn’t be easier to whip up and they’re utterly delicious. Note that these cookies aren’t super sweet – they have minimal sugar in them – but they make up for it with that delightful graham cracker coating and that thick mountain of chocolate spread in the center. Then, of course, the miniature marshmallow bits which are so cute I could cry. These are the bees knees, people.
So yeah. Hope you like s’mores!
*adapted from this recipe
S'mores Thumbprint Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg separated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
- About 1/2 cup chocolate spread I used Hershey's Chocolate Spread
- 3-4 Tbsp Kraft JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Bits
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with a silicone liner or mist the sheet lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add in the egg YOLK and the vanilla and beat to combine. Lastly, add in the flour until a soft dough forms. This recipe makes very few cookies, by the way, but it's easily doubled.
- Quickly whisk the egg white for a few seconds to break it up. Using a cookie dough scoop, roll Tablespoon-sized balls of dough into balls and quickly coat in the egg white, then dredge into the graham cracker crumbs to coat. Place about 2" apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then remove from the oven and gently press an indentation in the middle using a teaspoon or wooden spoon handle, careful not to puncture completely through the cookie. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Place the chocolate spread into a resealable plastic baggy and snip off the corner. Pipe into the indentations of each cookie; top with a pinch of marshmallow bits. Serve immediately.
I know you’ll love these petite, adorable little cookies! This recipe makes a small batch that’s easily doubled or tripled to suit your needs, but be prepared to hoover the entire batch because they’re that good! Tender cookies with a crunchy, buttery exterior thanks to the graham cracker crumbs, and filled with a miniature mountain of thick and creamy chocolate spread. They’re irresistible!
Stay tuned for more fun s’mores week recipes coming your way!
Have a sweet day!
S’mores are my all time favorite dessert food, these look SOOOO good!
Thanks so much, Taylor!
Julie @ Julie's Eats & Treats says
YUM! Perfect for when I’m craving a S’more without a fire which is like all the time! Love those cute little mallows!
Ha, same here! Always craving s’mores 😀 Thanks Julie!
Mary @ Fit and Fed says
Good thing there is not a batch of these in my house or I would likely inhale them. The chocolate marshmallow thumbprint is too brilliant! I’m imagining how crunchy the graham cracker crumbs would make these cookies…
Thanks so much, Mary!!
Kayle (The Cooking Actress) says
YAY S’MORES WEEK!!!
I adore these thumbprints-I love the minimal amount of sugar and all the graham goodness and chocolate and marshmallow! YUM
Thanks Kayle! 🙂