And honnnney – today’s recipe is the bees knees. It’s bacon-wrapped cookies, people. And it’s pretty darn phenomenal if I do say so myself.
This recipe (which I struggle to deem a ‘recipe’) isn’t really one at all. It was adapted from The Pioneer Woman’s famous Bacon-Wrapped Crackers which I have had and yes, they are as divine as they sound.
Basically, the recipe consists of this: sprinkle club crackers with brown sugar. Wrap coated crackers in bacon. Bake low and slow for a couple hours. Consume gleefully. See? Easy.
This recipe is the same thing, minus the club crackers and adding shortbread cookies… because everything is vastly improved when cookies are involved. These poppable, bite-sized treats are sweet, salty, crunchy and buttery and absolutely perfect for dessert, breakfast, snacks, gifts, or mid-day pick-me-ups on a Sunday. Or you know, perfect all the time.
Now if you don’t mind me, I have a batch of cookies I need to attend to.
- 2 pkgs (24 count) Pepperidge Farm Shortbread Cookies (or your favorite shortbread cookies)
- 1 (12 oz) pkg. bacon, cut in half horizontally
- Brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place a metal cooling rack on top. Mist the cooling rack with cooking spray and set aside.
- Working carefully, sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of brown sugar onto each shortbread cookie, and wrap the cookie with the bacon piece. Place the cookies onto the wire rack and repeat with remaining cookies.
- Bake for approx. 60-90 minutes or until the cookies smell fragrant and the bacon appears done. Cookies will be a darker colored brown and that's okay as long as they don't appear burnt. Cookies also may appear to crack slightly; this is normal.
- Cool cookies completely before serving.
What I love about these cookies (besides being wrapped in bacon)? Their simplicity! It’s just so easy to whip them up for an impressive and addictive dessert or snack. As the bacon cooks, the grease soaks into the crisp shortbread cookies, absorbing all that lovely flavor. They are just so. stinkin’. delicious and I can’t recommend you making them enough!
Want more bacon desserts? Check out my other tasty treats!
Maple Bacon Caramel Crack – one of my most popular recipes!
Maple Bacon Cinnamon Roll Whoopie Pies – a fun twist on whoopie pies!
Maple Bacon Pancake Pound Cake – a delicious alternative to classic pound cake!
Have a delicious day!