Hey party people! I’m crying a little (okay, a LOT) on the inside because today is my last full day in NYC! And also because the mayor said I couldn’t take NYC home with me. If I recall, his exact words were, “miss, it is physically impossible to take home an entire city, now please leave.” Clearly the mayor doesn’t understand science.
Anyway, last year I visited NYC for the first time and fell in love with it and the girl who let me crash on her couch, Kayle from the blog, The Cooking Actress! Kayle is as sweet as she sounds on her blog, with an infectious smile, great acting chops, and scrumptious recipes that she crafted in her tiny apartment kitchen. I had a BLAST while she showed me around NYC & I am so sad I won’t be seeing her this trip since she moved back to the Buckeye State, Ohio. *shakes fist at Buckeyes* Buckeye people definitely don’t deserve to eat her nutty Pecan Lacey Cookies or her S’mores Lava Cakes — I do! I do!
However, maaaaaybe I can arrange us to surprise land in Ohio so I can sneak a taste of these cookie dough cups… 🙂 Okay, take it away, Kayle!!
But…I’m also a little bummed. You see, Hayley and I became super tight when she came to visit me in New York City last year. A few months ago I relocated from NYC to my hometown in NE Ohio and nooow Hayley is in New York WITHOUT ME! I’m so sad. She’s probably eating cannoli, the best pizza in the US, Wafels and Dinges, and who knows what other kinds of tastiness! Even though I am totally jealous and wishing I could be there with her, I’m also hoping she has a ton of fun.
Browned Butter Cookie Dough PB Cups
Author: Kayle, “The Cooking Actress”, adapted from How Sweet It Is
- 2 cups dark chocolate (or semisweet) chips
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ tsp. vanilla extract
- ⅛ cup + 1 tbsp. peanut butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 and ½ tbsp. all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. salt + extra salt to sprinkle on top
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- In a saucepan melt butter over medium-high heat, whisking constantly, as it foams, bubbles, and eventually turns amber with little brown flecks.
- Immediately add in the brown sugar and remove from heat. Whisk until the sugar is dissolved-approx. 2 minutes.
- Mix in peanut butter and then the vanilla-the mixture will be liquid-y. Allow to cool completely (don't make my mistake and end up with melted chocolate chips later on! Let it be cool!)
- Line a mini muffin tin with 24 liners.
- In a heatproof bowl, heat 1 cup dark chocolate chips in a microwave on high power in 30 minute increments (stirring after each time) until melted and smooth. Drop approx. 1 tsp. chocolate into each lined cup and use a pastry brush to brush the chocolate up the sides of the liners. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Once the peanut butter mixture is cooled whisk in the powdered sugar, flour, and salt until smooth.
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips. Let the dough refrigerate until hardened-about 20-30 minutes.
- Once the chocolate and cookie dough are fully chilled, scoop about 1 tsp. sized pieces of dough and form into little balls. Place inside each of the chocolate cups. Freeze 10-15 more minutes.
- Melt the rest of the dark chocolate (same way you did last time) and cover each cookie dough filled cup, using a spoon to smooth it all over.
- Freeze 15-20 more minutes. Sprinkle finished cookie dough cups with salt. Store in the refrigerator (can be kept at room temperature for a couple hours, although they will soften.)
Thank you all so much for having me here! I hope you enjoy these cookie dough cups as much as I (and my fiance’) did and that you didn’t miss Hayley too much! And, if you thought I was kind of cool, feel free to check out my blog and follow me on facebook, twitter, pinterest, and instagram! Xoxx
If you guys aren’t following Kayle yet, you MUST! Be sure to give her likes, follows and LOTS of love to stay connected to her adventures (she’s getting married soon!) and for more scrumptious recipes like this!
Have a delicious day!!