It’s no surprise I loooove me some cookie dough. Classic chocolate chip, salty peanut butter, overloaded monster, sweet sugar… I love it all and am a complete cookie dough eating equal opportunist. And if you hover over the ‘Browse by Recipe’ tab at the top of my page, you’ll even see I have a small section dedicated exclusively to cookie dough recipes…and that collection is expanding quite rapidly as my love for cookie dough continues to grow.
Today on the menu, I’m kicking off Monday the right way: with a pie entirely made up of cookies. And cookie dough. And so much goodness your brain will nearly explode of overwhelming happiness. Yeah, it’s that intense.
Chess pies ain’t nothin’ new, but the idea of covering the bottom of your flaky pie crust with ooey, gooey cookie dough, then topping the dough with freshly baked cookies and that decadent chess mixture and well, you have a whole new ball field with a brand new star player. This is the chess pie to end all chess pies, ya hear?! It’s a slam-dunk. A touchdown. A goal. A… crap, I don’t know anymore winning sports terms, but thankfully you catch my drift, yeah?
So less talk, more eat, am I riiiite?
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 recipe your favorite egg-free chocolate chip cookie dough — see link below recipe — or you may use your favorite refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough but bear in mind that most refrigerated doughs have eggs and I do not condone eating raw eggs — that’s up to you!
- 1 pkg Chips Ahoy Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies (or your favorite soft & chewy cookies)
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Cookie Dough ice cream, whipped cream, more chocolate chips, chocolate syrup optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease a 9″ pie plate with cooking spray. Unroll the pie crust onto the pie plate and press to conform; crimp edges if you’d like.
- Gently press the cookie dough into the bottom of the pie crust in an even layer; set aside. Meanwhile, chop up all of the chewy chocolate chip cookies into bite-sized pieces. Place all of the chopped cookies into the pie plate on top of the cookie dough layer.
- In a bowl, whisk together the melted butter, eggs, brown and white sugar, vanilla and vinegar until combined. Pour the mixture evenly on top of the chocolate chip cookies.
- Bake the pie for approx. 30-35 minutes or until the center is only slightly jiggly and the pie is golden brown. The crust usually cooks faster, so halfway though I strongly suggest putting a foil tent around the edges or use silicone pie shields to prevent burning. Once baked, allow the pie to cool completely.
- Cut into slices and serve topped with cookie dough ice cream, chocolate syrup, and any additional fixins you desire!
THIS is my favorite egg-free cookie dough recipe that I encourage you to use for the base of this cookie-doughy, gooey pie. You will likely have leftover cookie dough for which I strongly encourage eating straight outta the bowl or for making truffles — check out the Cookie Dough section on my blog for more ideas 🙂 This pie is a cookie dough lover’s DREAM come true! It’s so irresistibly gooey and rich, loaded with tons of that brown sugary, vanilla and chocolate-y cookie dough goodness. The bottom of the pie doesn’t quite cook all the way, leaving that sweet and half-baked cookie dough layer on the bottom. And the chess mixture (that luscious sugar-butter mixture!) makes the baked cookies moist and chewy, mimicking cookie dough more so. Topped with cookie dough ice cream and a generous smothering of chocolate syrup and this is the end all-be all to cookie dough ever!
Because we’re in the midst of Cookie Dough Week, be sure to check out these AWESOME cookie dough recipes from some of my bestest bloggy buddies!
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Stuffed Sandies from White Lights on Wednesday
Cookie Dough Cake Roll from Grandbaby Cakes
Peanut butter cookie dough topped brownies from Roxana’s Home Baking
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bars from Back For Seconds
Cookie Dough Buckeyes from Something Swanky
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pizza from Life, Love and Sugar
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie Dough Bars from Crazy for Crust
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Stuffed Nutter Butters from The Gunny Sack
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cookie Cups from Mom On Timeout
Cookie Dough Chess Pie from The Domestic Rebel
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies from Lemons for Lulu
White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cups from Simply Gloria
Cookie Dough S’mores Dip from Beyond Frosting
Have a fantastical Monday!!