I’m gonna get right to the point with this one today: Divinity Fudge. You know you need it in your life, so don’t bother ignoring the inevitable.
Divinity is such a popular holiday confection and I had never had it until last year. It’s so light & sweet and goes perfect with those salty crunchy pecans nestled inside. I knew I wanted to recreate something similar to divinity but without all the egg-whites-a-whipping.
Little known fact: I loathe whipping egg whites. Like wearing flip flops or getting papercuts, it’s just something I tend to avoid like the plague.
So because of my egg-white aversion, I made this divinity fudge nice & simple, straight & easy. It’s a white chocolate fudge base studded with pecans and swirled with actual pieces of divinity inside.
So ditch the flip flops and let’s get baking, shall we?!
- 3 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- About ½ cup chopped pecans (more or less to suit your taste)
- About 6-8 pieces Divinity, roughly chopped
- Line an 8×8″ baking pan with foil, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan. Mist the foil with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat together the white chocolate chips and the sweetened condensed milk over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally as not to scorch the chocolate. The mixture will melt down and become smooth but VERY thick; that’s okay. Once the mixture is melted & smooth, gently stir in the chopped pecans & chopped Divinity candy.
- Immediately spread the fudge mixture into the prepared pan in an even layer. Allow the fudge to set at room temperature for about an hour, or refrigerate to set for about 30 minutes. Once set, cut into small squares.
The best part of this fudge? It’s so easy to make & eat!! It has similar flavors to Divinity candy but is made so simply by transforming this holiday treat into fudge. The chopped pieces of actual Divinity candy add to that delicate, sweet flavor and make this fudge truly unique! Any and all Divinity lovers will flip for this fudge!!
Have a fantastical day!!