I’m gonna get right to the point with this one today: Divinity Fudge. You know you need it in your life, so don’t bother ignoring the inevitable.
Divinity is such a popular holiday confection and I had never had it until last year. It’s so light & sweet and goes perfect with those salty crunchy pecans nestled inside. I knew I wanted to recreate something similar to divinity but without all the egg-whites-a-whipping.
Little known fact: I loathe whipping egg whites. Like wearing flip flops or getting papercuts, it’s just something I tend to avoid like the plague.
So because of my egg-white aversion, I made this divinity fudge nice & simple, straight & easy. It’s a white chocolate fudge base studded with pecans and swirled with actual pieces of divinity inside.
Easy peasy, no egg-white squeezy. You can’t ask for an easier holiday confection, people!!
So ditch the flip flops and let’s get baking, shall we?!
- 3 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- About ½ cup chopped pecans (more or less to suit your taste)
- About 6-8 pieces Divinity, roughly chopped
- Line an 8x8" baking pan with foil, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan. Mist the foil with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat together the white chocolate chips and the sweetened condensed milk over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally as not to scorch the chocolate. The mixture will melt down and become smooth but VERY thick; that's okay. Once the mixture is melted & smooth, gently stir in the chopped pecans & chopped Divinity candy.
- Immediately spread the fudge mixture into the prepared pan in an even layer. Allow the fudge to set at room temperature for about an hour, or refrigerate to set for about 30 minutes. Once set, cut into small squares.
The best part of this fudge? It’s so easy to make & eat!! It has similar flavors to Divinity candy but is made so simply by transforming this holiday treat into fudge. The chopped pieces of actual Divinity candy add to that delicate, sweet flavor and make this fudge truly unique! Any and all Divinity lovers will flip for this fudge!!
Have a fantastical day!!
This looks amazing!! I thought you were perfect…..and then I found out you don’t like flip flops.
Hahahaha Sara, I know! I am an anomaly. I just think I look better with boots, that’s all 😉
Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet says
Looove it! Perfect Christmas candy idea!
What are Divinity candy ? I`m from Romania(Europe) and i did not heard about these sweets.
Love your blog !
Hi Mihaela! Divinity is a confection mainly made of sugar, pecans and egg whites! It’s very popular here in the USA, especially during the holidays 🙂 it’s light, fluffy and sweet. If you can’t find divinity in Romania, just leave it out! The fudge tastes similar enough to the Divinity candy even without it stirred inside 🙂 Thanks for writing, doll — happy holidays! xo.
Heather @ French Press says
I’ve never had divinity – but this sure looks good. I had NO idea you didn’t like flip flops – they are my favorite shoe 🙂
Gaaaaah yes, least favorite shoe ever! Besides the Croc!!
Kayle (The Cooking Actress) says
I have never had divinity BUT….
(wait for it)
…it looks DIVINE! 😛 heheeeee
and girl you know I love those flip flops
Give me all the fudge!! Looks awesome!
Jennifer @ Not Your Momma's Cookie says
I loathe folding in egg whites 🙂 Ain’t nobody got time for that!
But this fudge? I definitely have time for that 🙂
These look amazing! Awesome photos, too. Definitely going to pin this and make later.