This Homemade Funfetti Bundt Cake is seriously the BEST. Moist, tender, packed with rainbow sprinkles and topped with a cream cheese frosting.
So as per usual, I am a bad blogger and forgot my blog’s TWELTH birthday last month. *smacks forehead*
I cannot believe I have been blogging for twelve years, but here we are. It has been a long, fun, strange, surreal and VERY cool journey, and whether you’ve been rocking with me since day one or you’re a newer rider, I welcome and thank you all for joining me!
To make up for my forgetfulness on such a momentous occasion, I figured I owed you guys a cake and this cake defo delivers some serious goodness! Nothing says celebration quite like Funfetti cake, so I set out to create the best dang Funfetti cake I could.
Funfetti Cake From Scratch
This Homemade Funfetti Cake recipe has pantry ingredients you probably have on hand and comes together very quickly, which I love! It is super easy to make, too. Ingredients for this cake include:
- Vegetable oil: imparts moisture into the cake and is the “fat” we are working with
- Whole milk: another source of moisture and flavor
- Vanilla extract: I used both clear vanilla and pure vanilla extract here – clear vanilla because it offers that true, nostalgic Funfetti flavor, and pure because of its great, true vanilla flavor
- Granulated sugar: for sweetness
- All-purpose flour: for structure, of course!
- Baking soda & baking powder: for helping the cake rise and structure
- Salt: for flavor
- And you did read the recipe correctly… there are NO eggs in this recipe! Trust and believe, it is so light and fluffy, you’ll be wondering how this sorcery is possible, but it is!
For the frosting, I opted for a cream cheese frosting because 1) I knew this cake was going to be sweet and cream cheese frosting would offset some of that sweetness, and 2) because I recently had a Nothing Bundt Cakes cake and it was heavy on my mind (I looove that they use cream cheese frosting on their cakes) so I kind of wanted to make this taste like a copycat version! However, you can totally make your own buttercream frosting if you prefer!
This cake comes out perfectly moist, absolutely tender, stuffed with rainbow sprinkles and has the most nostalgic and delicious classic Funfetti cake flavor that’s even better than a box mix! You guys are going to LOVE it!
Best Homemade Funfetti Bundt Cake
For the Cake:
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 1½ cups granulated white sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract, pure or clear* (I used a mixture of pure vanilla and clear vanilla, but you can use all of one or half and half)
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup rainbow jimmies sprinkles (see Note)
For the Frosting:
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 8 oz (1 package) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees Fahrenheit. Liberally grease a 10-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray or butter and flour the pan. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the oil, milk, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract with the paddle attachment until incorporated. Add in the flour, baking powder and soda, and the salt and mix until well blended. Stir in the rainbow jimmies until combined.
- Pour the batter (it will be thin and runny) into the prepared Bundt pan. Bake for approximately 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean or with moist, but not wet, crumbs. Cool for about 15 minutes, then carefully invert the cake onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- After the cake has cooled, make your frosting. In a large bowl, combine the softened butter, cream cheese, and vanilla and mix with a handheld electric mixer until soft and creamy. Add in the confectioners' sugar until well mixed. Spoon the frosting into a disposable piping bag or Ziploc bag (you do not need a piping tip for this). Snip off the corner of the bag and drizzle stripes onto the cake.
- Store the cake covered airtight in the fridge.
This cake is on another level of goodness, but thankfully I went to that level and shared it with you! I hope you enjoy!
Craving more Funfetti? Check out this recipe…
Have a super sweet day!