These Peanut Butter Cup-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are for serious PB and chocolate lovers only!! Soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies are stuffed with a full-size peanut butter cup for a tasty hidden surprise.
Sorry I’ve been MIA for the last two weeks! Things around here have been crazy.
Without going into too much detail, I’m having some medical mysteries happening at this time that I’ve been dealing with. The symptoms aren’t great and I’ve been trying to stay on top of tracking them, attending appointments, doing ALL the lab work, etc. Then this past weekend I went to Los Angeles for a wedding and a huge music festival. It was super hot but super fun, and I am super tired, ha. Let’s just say I don’t have the same energy for concerts as I did as a teenager!
Anyway, now I am back and it’s approximately 2348623875 degrees and I am dreaming up all the no-bake things because I am already miserable. However, before my disappearance I happened to make these cookies and I’m sharing them with you today because I couldn’t put them off any longer!
The cookies are a classic chocolate chip pudding cookie. What’s a pudding cookie, you ask? It’s just like a regular chocolate chip cookie but with a box of instant pudding mix added to the cookie dough.
Instant dry pudding mix gives the cookies an insanely delicious light, tender and SUPER soft and chewy texture. It’s really magic! All you have to do is add the dry pudding mix powder to your cookie dough with the rest of your dry ingredients. Promise it really is that easy!
But otherwise, the cookie has your usual suspects: butter, brown sugar and white sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, all-purpose flour, baking soda, cornstarch, salt, and of course, chocolate chips! I recommend splurging for a higher quality chocolate chip since chocolate is a main component. My fave brands to use are Ghirardelli or Guittard.
The filling is a classic Reese’s peanut butter cup – the normal size one! Luckily you can get party packs of the standard sizes at the grocery store on the candy aisle. Just unwrap them and fill each cookie with them. The surprise of a sweet and salty peanut butter cup inside each soft and chewy cookie is PERFECTION.
These Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Cookies are a MUST! I hope you love them!
Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks OR 16 Tbsp) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 3.4 oz (1 small box) INSTANT dry vanilla pudding mix powder just the dry powdered mix; do not prepare the pudding
- 1¼ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 16-18 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and both sugars with the paddle attachment until creamy and smooth, about 1 minute. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, followed by the vanilla extract. Add in the baking soda, salt, all-purpose flour and dry instant vanilla pudding mix and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a Tablespoon-size cookie dough scoop, portion out 2 separate rounded Tablespoons of cookie dough balls. Place a Reese's peanut butter cup in between the two dough balls and use your fingers to manipulate the cookie dough so it completely envelops the peanut butter cup and creates one giant cookie, covering the peanut butter cup completely. Place on the prepared baking sheets at least 3" apart. Repeat with remaining dough and peanut butter cups. You should have around 16-18 cookies.
- Bake for approximately 10-14 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through the baking time to ensure even cooking. Remove from the heat and allow the cookies to finish cooling on the baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
I just know you’re going to love these sweet and salty cookies!
Have a super sweet day!