These No-Bake Marshmallow Twix Bars taste like a Twix but in a gooey, chewy no-bake treat you’re going to LOVE! Super fun and easy to make and so delicious.
Easy desserts are by far my favorite desserts, and boy do I have an easy and delicious dessert for you today!
Since Halloween is just around the corner, I’ve been brainstorming some recipe ideas for things relating to or including candy. I’m not a huge candy person, but there are some I enjoy when I have them lying around (usually Halloween candy leftovers) and one of those candies are Twix. There’s something so satisfying about the crunch with the caramel and chocolate.
These bars are super fun to make and have a marshmallow-y twist which I think adds not only a fun textural element (making them extra gooey!) but amazing sweet vanilla flavor, too. They’re definitely reminiscent of a Twix yet totally unique at the same time. Try them and I think you’ll agree!
The base of these bars consists of miniature Nilla Wafers which provide that familiar vanilla shortbread crunch layer, mixed with – you guessed it – marshmallows. We’re almost making a rice krispy treat out of the mini Nilla Wafers. You’ll melt together butter and marshmallows until gooey and smooth, then toss in the miniature Nilla Wafer cookies to combine. Press them into a prepared pan in an even layer. There’s your base! Super simple.
The Caramel Layer
The caramel layer is the hardest part, but calling it “hard” is still a stretch because it’s super easy, I promise! It’s a homemade soft caramel sauce that is out of this world and so much better than caramel squares you’d unwrap and melt. It’s just butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and sweetened condensed milk. We’ll melt it all together in a saucepan, then bring it to a boil and boil for 5 minutes until thickened and golden brown. Then you’ll remove it from the heat and beat it for another minute or two – it’ll really thicken some more then – and pour it over the base layer in the pan. Delicious!
The Chocolate Layer
No self-respecting Twix is complete without chocolate! Of course, Twix are made with milk chocolate so these are made with milk chocolate as well! Semi-sweet just isn’t the same here, so definitely seek out milk chocolate chips for this layer. You’ll simply melt them in a microwaveable bowl until smooth and pour it over the top. Let the bars set, then cut and enjoy!
These are impossibly gooey, ultra chewy and so sweet, creamy, buttery and chocolaty! You’re going to love these unique No-Bake Marshmallow Twix Bars!
*adapted from Dreaming In DIY
No-Bake Marshmallow Twix Bars
For the Base:
- 1 box miniature Nilla Wafer cookies
- 16 oz package miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into cubes
For the Caramel Layer:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 14 oz (1 can) sweetened condensed milk
For the Chocolate Layer:
- 2 cups (1 package approximately) milk chocolate chips
- Line a 9x13 rectangular pan with foil or parchment paper, extending the foil or parchment over the edges of the pan. Spray the foil or parchment with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large microwaveable safe bowl, combine the cubed butter and miniature marshmallows. Microwave on high power for 2 minutes, stopping to stir every 30 seconds or until butter has completely melted and mixture is cohesively melted and smooth. (If this happens before the 2 minute mark, you do not need to continue microwaving). Stir in the miniature Nilla Wafer cookies and coat them thoroughly with the marshmallow mixture.
- Press the coated cookie mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan in an even layer, compacting it down and pressing down any pieces that stick up. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, work on your caramel layer. In a medium saucepan, combine the butter and brown sugar and melt on medium-low heat until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Add in the corn syrup and condensed milk and stir with a wooden spoon to combine. Bring mixture to a boil and boil, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes. Mixture will thicken and turn a medium golden brown color. After 5 minutes, remove from the heat and continue beating the caramel with the wooden spoon for 1-2 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly some more.
- Pour the caramel sauce evenly over the cookie layer in the pan and spread into an even layer. Refrigerate for at least an hour to set.
- For the chocolate layer: In a medium microwave safe bowl (I like using plastic because I find it conducts heat a little more consistently than glass, which causes chocolate to scorch in my findings), add the chocolate chips. Microwave for 90 seconds on high power, stopping to stir every 30 seconds with a rubber spatula until melted. Mixture should be glossy and smooth. Pour the chocolate mixture evenly over the caramel layer and spread into an even layer. Refrigerate for at least an hour or until set, then cut into bars to serve.
- Bars can be stored in the fridge or can be served room temperature. They cut easiest when cold though, so I would cut them after they've chilled in the fridge.
I hope you enjoy these gooey and sweet bars!
Have a super sweet day!
We have made these for years. https://dreamingindiy.com/recipe/no-bake-twixie-cookie-bars-caramel-chocolate-mini-nilla-wafer-cookies-easy-dessert-treats-recipe/ also https://www.sarriscandies.com/Recipe.aspx?id=85.
These turned out great! So delicious 🙂 Definitely give them a try!