This No-Bake Fresh Strawberry Pie is amazing! Super delicious and so simple to make with a yummy glaze, buttery graham cracker crust and tons of juicy strawberries!
It is so dang hot outside lately, which is really not breaking news at this point (hello, summertime and all) but it seems hotter than normal. And I am not okay.
It’s been so sweltering, blistering, miserably HOT that I have even been searching for apartments in other locations. Like, in other states that don’t usually get hot. I know the heat will eventually probably follow me anywhere I go, but I just don’t know how much longer I can hang with this 100+ degree weather, ya know? Your girl loves overcast/mild weather year-round and a big city with no natural disasters around (ruling out the Midwest with all those dang tornadoes and hurricanes). Seattle, perhaps? We’ll see!
All I know is I have been avoiding my oven like it is the plague. I barely even turn on the stove burners because the idea of even using a method of heat is too much to bear, lol. I am a touch dramatic, can you tell?
ANYWAY, thankfully this Best No-Bake Fresh Strawberry Pie comes together without the oven (no baking the crust!) and tastes absolutely divine.
As a kid we’d always go to Marie Callender’s restaurant for their pies and their fresh strawberry was one of my favorites. This reminds me of theirs – juicy, bountiful strawberries arranged in a lovely, sweet glaze and an amazing crust. I have another strawberry pie recipe on my website, but it has a baked pastry crust like Marie Callender’s did. This one has a divine, ultra buttery graham cracker crust which is far easier and less fussy than a pastry crust and doesn’t need to be baked! Score!
The crust consists of graham cracker crumbs (you can buy them pre-ground, or grind graham crackers yourself), granulated sugar, and melted butter mixed together and patted into a lightly greased pie pan. Instead of baking the crust to set it, we’ll briefly freeze the crust. Super easy.
The filling starts with strawberries! Fresh is necessary for this recipe, as frozen strawberries are just too mushy and soggy for this recipe. You can leave the strawberries whole with the tops sliced off like I did, or cut them into more manageable pieces. I just loved the bold look of the whole berries stacked up high in the pie pan. Then we’ll pour over the glaze, which consists of some water, sugar, cornstarch to thicken things up, and strawberry gelatin powder for flavor. Pour the glaze over the strawberries and then refrigerate your pie so the glaze has a chance to coat the berries and set.
Soon enough you’ll have this gorgeous, glossy, spectacular pie to enjoy. What’s not to love with this Fresh Strawberry Pie?
*recipe adapted from Dinner at the Zoo
No-Bake Fresh Strawberry Pie
For the Crust:
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
For the Strawberries:
- 5 cups fresh strawberries tops cut off
For the Glaze:
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 3 oz package strawberry gelatin
- First, make the crust: In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter until moistened and combined. Lightly spray a 9" pie pan with cooking spray and press the graham cracker crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Freeze for 30 minutes to set.
- Next, make the glaze. In a small saucepan, whisk together the granulated sugar and cornstarch until combined, then whisk in the water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, cooking and stirring for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the strawberry gelatin until combined, thick and glossy. Pour the glaze mixture into a separate small bowl and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to cool.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and arrange the strawberries in the crust to your liking. I like to do the bigger berries on the bottom and smaller ones towards the top. Pour the glaze evenly over the strawberries as best you can. Chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour or up to 3 hours before serving. If desired, serve with fresh whipped cream.
You’re going to love this sweet summer pie!
Have a super sweet day!