If you’re looking for a delicious summertime treat, these S’mores Dipped Strawberries are IT! Juicy, fresh strawberries dunked in gooey marshmallow cream, rich dark chocolate and buttery graham cracker crumbs.
Say hello to your new fave summery treat!
When I think of summertime, a few quintessential things come to my mind: pool time, BBQs, s’mores. That’s my very compressed and optimistic view of summer, leaving out the swear words, my empty threats about leaving Sacramento because it’s over 100 degrees F, complaints about the heat, and my unusually high consumption of pina coladas. But I digress.
To me, nothing is as summery as s’mores. They’re a classic summertime treat and for good reason: they’re easy to make, portable, and hits the spot every single time. Whether you prefer your s’mores done up on a cozy campfire while camping in the woods or done up in the comfort of the AC with a blissful lack of mosquitos (hi, me), I think we can all agree this flavor combo can’t be beat!
So I dreamed up a fun way to enjoy s’mores: with fresh strawbs. And boy, are these babies delicious!
For this recipe, you want to choose fresh, ripe, large strawberries that you’ve washed and patted dry. You can either hull them or keep the stems on. I found keeping them whole with the stems on made it easier to dip and looked prettier, but it’s your own preference. Smaller berries will work too, but I like the larger ones best for this. Frozen berries will not work as they are generally too weepy with moisture.
There are three coatings for these S’mores Dipped Strawberries. First up is the marshmallow coating, aka, my fave part of a s’mores! For this we’re using miniature marshmallows that we just blitz in the microwave to melt. They’ll get nice and gooey and we’ll quickly dunk the berries into the marshmallow goo and place them on a lined and greased baking sheet. After a brief stint in the refrigerator to set the marshmallow layer, we’ll then move onto the chocolate layer.
The chocolate layer consists of some dark chocolate candy melting wafers that we’ll melt up until they’re perfectly smooth. We’ll dip the strawberries into the chocolate and allow any excess to drip off. Then, before the chocolate sets, we’ll sprinkle the still wet chocolate layer with some buttery graham cracker crumbs to really drive home the s’mores flavor.
Juicy, fresh, sweet and gooey – you’re going to go nuts for these S’mores Dipped Strawberries!
S'mores Dipped Strawberries
- 8-10 large fresh strawberries, washed and patted dry
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1½ cups dark chocolate melting wafers such as Ghirardelli brand
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Grease the parchment paper with cooking spray; set aside.
- Add the miniature marshmallows to a medium microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH power for 30 seconds. Marshmallows will look puffy. Stir until melted and gooey. Working very quickly, dip each strawberry about 3/4 of the way into the marshmallow goo mixture. The key is to work fast as the marshmallow goo mixture sets fast! If needed, microwave the marshmallow mixture for another 5 seconds to reheat. Once strawberries have been dipped in the marshmallow mixture, refrigerate for about 10 minutes to set.
- After the marshmallow layer has set, melt the chocolate candy coating according to package directions, or until smooth. Dip each strawberry about 2/3 of the way into the dark chocolate and allow any excess to drip off. Return to the baking sheet and immediately sprinkle with a generous amount of graham cracker crumbs. Allow chocolate to harden on the strawberries before serving. Serve immediately.
You’re going to love these fabulously juicy and sweet strawberries!
Have a super sweet day!