This No-Bake Margarita Pie is a real winner for any margarita lover! Cool, creamy, silky smooth and PACKED with amazing lime and tequila flavors!
I’m back! Did you miss me?
I craved a little self-care mental health break in the month of May and it was MUCH needed. Last May 2020 was so traumatic for me with two family deaths and lots of other things happening, so when I started to feel this May approaching, I began to feel nervous and anxious and sick to my stomach. I think those old feelings of trauma were resurfacing so I decided to take the month off and it really helped recharge my batteries so to speak. I worked on crafts – I got into making jewelry out of polymer clay, making resin pieces, and making bath bombs – and just spending time with my boys and family did WONDERS for my mental health. I swear, I went into May feeling shaky and scared, but May 2021 was one of the BEST months I’ve had in a long time. I feel very grateful.
So now I am back and easing into things and kicking things off with this amazing pie!
I don’t know where you are, but it is already super hot here in Sacramento, so I am looking for all of the no-bake recipes. Anything to spare me the agony of 100+ degree weather and the oven on at the same time! This pie not only solves that issue but is delicious to boot!
For ease of preparation, I used a packaged and prepared graham cracker crust which you can find ready made at most grocery stores in the baking aisle. They taste amazing and there’s no hassle of tracking down graham cracker crumbs or pulverizing your own graham crackers which is a win because I honestly loathe using my food processor, haha. However, if you insist you can absolutely make your own – just freeze it for about 20 minutes to set it before adding your filling. If you’re using the prepared crust, there is no need to freeze it prior.
The filling is a cream cheese-based filling consisting of cream cheese, sugar, lime juice, tequila, a little orange liqueur for flavor, and Cool Whip which adds stability. I like using Cool Whip in this instance because it is far more stabilized than fresh whipped cream and keeps this pie nice and sturdy since it has quite a bit of liquid in it. Since this is a no-bake pie, you can taste a hint of tequila and triple sec (orange liqueur) so if you’re serving this to underage folks, I recommend omitting those completely and using all lime juice.
Whatever you do, you have to make this amazing sweet, creamy and tangy No-Bake Margarita Pie! It is divine!
*recipe from Life, Love and Sugar
No-Bake Margarita Pie
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup lime juice freshly squeezed is best, but bottled works
- 2 Tbsp tequila blanco or reposado (I used blanco)
- 1 Tbsp triple sec (orange liqueur)
- 2 tsp lime zest, plus a little extra for garnish
- 8 oz Cool Whip, thawed
- 9" prepared graham cracker crust
- Add the cream cheese and granulated sugar to a medium bowl and use a handheld electric beater to beat until smooth and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add in the lime juice, tequila and triple sec and mix on low speed until combined. Fold in the lime zest and Cool Whip until no streaks of cream cheese remain and everything is evenly incorporated.
- Pour the filling into the prepared graham cracker crust and smooth out the top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight so the flavors meld together better and the pie has time to set and firm up before garnishing with more lime zest.
You’re going to LOVE this festive summertime pie!
Have a super sweet day!