Looking for a show-stopping, super moist and ultra flavorful cake? This White Chocolate Raspberry Cake is for you! The combination of sweet white chocolate and tart, juicy raspberries cannot be beat.
This cake is awhile in the making but it is finally perfect and ready to share… and I am SO excited about it!
White chocolate and raspberry is such a classic flavor combination that is so irresistible and elegant. When I think of it, I just feel like it is so sophisticated and chic for some reason – maybe because it feels like it belongs in a fancy bakery and isn’t so run-of-the-mill like your standard vanilla and chocolate. Plus, it’s gorgeous – who doesn’t stop and stare when they see that crisp white background with those gorgeous ruby jewels of raspberries?!
What I love about this cake is how easy it is to make! No one is going to know it came from a box mix because it is so supremely moist, rich and just utterly decadent. The cake itself has a beautiful light white chocolate flavor and pops of fresh raspberries, and the frosting is a white chocolate cream cheese that’s so perfectly balanced between sweet and tangy. It’s topped off with some fresh raspberries and a few little bits of white chocolate chips just to send the point home!
The cake itself is my favorite part! When I was testing this recipe, I would eat the cake plain and honestly, while the frosting is lovely, I don’t think this cake needs it necessarily because the cake shines brightly on its own. It is SO moist and flavorful. The cake gets its start from white cake mix that we’ll doctor with white chocolate instant pudding mix (just the dry powder, do not make the pudding!), eggs, oil, milk, and sour cream to really add moisture and great flavor and texture. We’ll also stir in some white chocolate chips and fresh raspberries.
The frosting is a super yummy white chocolate cream cheese frosting that’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser! I chose a cream cheese base because I knew with all the white chocolate, this was going to be a very sweet cake, so the cream cheese definitely helps balance that with some tanginess.
If you’re on the hunt for a seriously show-stopping dessert, this White Chocolate Raspberry Cake is it! I can’t think of a more perfect springtime cake!
White Chocolate Raspberry Cake
For the Cake:
- One (15.25 oz) box white cake mix
- 3.4 oz (One small box) INSTANT white chocolate pudding mix just the dry powder, do not prepare the pudding
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream full fat
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 cups fresh raspberries halved if large
For the Frosting and Topping:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces white chocolate baking bar roughly chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream may not use all of it
- Fresh raspberries and white chocolate chips for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees F. Liberally (and I mean really grease the HECK out of this pan) grease a 13x9 light metal baking pan with cooking spray or shortening and flour. This is a VERY sticky cake - trust me, I tested it 3 times. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, white chocolate pudding powder (just the dry mix), eggs, oil, milk, and sour cream and mix with a handheld electric mixer on medium-low speed until a soft batter comes together and everything is fully incorporated, about 30 seconds. Fold in the white chocolate chips and raspberries by hand until combined. Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and spread in an even layer.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean or with moist, but not wet, crumbs. Cool completely. Cake may appear quite browned on the surface; this is normal.
- For the frosting: Melt the chopped white chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave over HIGH power for 30 seconds. Stir, then heat for another 15-20 seconds, stopping to stir and heating for an additional 15 second increments, stirring after each until melted and smooth, taking care that the mixture does not scorch. Cool for about 5 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese and vanilla until soft and fluffy, about 1 minute with the paddle attachment. Add in the melted white chocolate and mix well, scraping down the bottom and sides of the bowl as needed. Gradually add in the confectioners' sugar, about one cup at a time, until frosting is light and fluffy, thinning the frosting out if needed with the heavy cream (you may not need or use all of the heavy cream).
- Spread the frosting evenly over the cake. Garnish the frosted cake with the raspberries and white chocolate chips, if using. Store leftover cake covered in the fridge.
Rich, decadent, delicious and so tasty! You’re going to love this beautiful cake!
Have a super sweet day!