These Fruity Pebbles Blondies are seriously DELICIOUS and so easy, too! Soft and chewy blondies flavored with Fruity Pebbles cereal throughout for a fun burst of both color and flavor!
You guys, I did it again – I created another insanely amazing cereal dessert.
I cannot help it! Cereal is one of my favorite things ever! I am always inspired by my childhood and the nostalgic treats I ate: snack cakes, sprinkle-laden things, fast-food, convenience treats, and of course, sugary breakfast cereals. We didn’t eat very many home-cooked meals and certainly no healthy meals growing up, so I have a soft spot for all of those things I had as a child.
Fruity Pebbles are one of my top 3 favorite cereals – they’re SO delicious! Fruity, sweet, crunchy, and so addictive – what’s not to love? I knew I wanted to create something with them and I figured blondies would be perfect! Thus, these blondies were born. And oh my goodness, it was SO hard not to eat them all! I was practically throwing them at neighbors so I could get them out of the house. I try everything I make, but there are few things I actually *eat*, but I could not stop eating these!
These blondies are made with a white chocolate base which sounds like it would be overly sweet but actually is a great neutral basis for these. I added in some finely crushed Fruity Pebbles cereal crumbs as well as whole Fruity Pebbles cereal pieces for a variety of textures and to really ramp up the cereal flavor. Note that for the photos, I sprinkled some cereal on top which added a delightful little crunch and looked adorable. The cereal does soften and get more chewy in the blondies as the blondies bake, but I didn’t mind the texture. In fact, it was super delicious IMO!
I am OBSESSED with these Fruity Pebbles Blondies and so were all of my lucky neighbors who swooned over them! In fact, I kind of regretted handing them out to my neighbors afterwards because they were easily one of my favorite things I’ve made thus far – and that’s saying a lot! They’re soft, chewy, sweet, fruity, and have these fun, rainbow pops of color and that nostalgic cereal flavor. I know you’re going to love them!
Best Ever Fruity Pebbles Blondies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter cubed
- 8 ounces (Two 4-ounce bars) white chocolate bars roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups Fruity Pebbles cereal divided
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees F. Line an 8x8 light metal baking pan with foil or parchment, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan. Spray lightly with cooking spray; set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the cubed butter and chopped white chocolate bars in a large microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH power for 20 seconds. Stir, and microwave for an additional 20 seconds, stopping to stir. Continue microwaving in 20 second increments, stopping to stir after each 20 second burst, until melted and smooth. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- To the slightly cooled off white chocolate mixture, whisk in the sugars, then add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition, followed by the vanilla. Add in the salt and flour and mix well. In a food processor, add in 1 cup of the Fruity Pebbles cereal and pulse until it becomes a fine crumb consistency. Add in the finely crushed crumbs to the blondie batter, as well as the remaining 1/2 cup whole Fruity Pebbles cereal; mix well.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean or with moist, but not wet, crumbs. Cool completely before cutting into bars to serve. If desired, sprinkle with fresh Fruity Pebbles cereal before serving.
I am head-over-heels for these blondies and I know you will be, too!
Have a super sweet day!