These Ultimate Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies are seriously delicious and the PERFECT cookie! A chocolaty cookie base filled with two types of chocolate chips for maximum scrumptiousness!
I have to toot my own horn here – these cookies are SO delicious!
I think after the year we had in 2020, plus what has happened in 2021 already, we have probably abandoned all diet-y resolutions. At least I have – well, I didn’t have any to begin with 🙂 These cookies are coming in hot at the perfect time. They’re comforting, easy, and SUPER chocolaty. What more do you need?
Everyone loves my Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies and for good reason – they’re amazing! But I wanted to make a chocolate version since more chocolate is definitely needed! These have a soft and chewy chocolate cookie base and are fully loaded with two types of chocolate chips for maximum chocolate deliciousness. Adding in the two types of chocolate chips really brings out the chocolate flavor and deepens it. Trust me, it’s my secret trick!
These cookies have ingredients you probably already have on hand, so let’s run through some of them!
- Butter: Butter is necessary for flavor and is the fat that keeps these cookies together. I use unsalted butter because it is easier to control the salt amount, but salted will work in a pinch – just omit the salt from the recipe.
- Sugars: Both brown sugar and granulated white sugar are used in this recipe. Why? Brown sugar adds a delicious soft and chewy texture and some moisture, but white sugar helps achieve those crisp edges!
- Eggs: Whole eggs are used in this recipe to bind the cookie dough together.
- Flour: All-purpose flour is recommended for this recipe. If you’re trying to make this gluten-free, a cup-for-cup GF flour will likely work.
- Cocoa powder: This is what gives the cookie base its chocolaty flavor. I recommend using a cocoa powder that has a high fat percentage, such as 1% or higher. This imparts a better, richer chocolate flavor. I like Ghirardelli 100% Cocoa Powder, or Rodelle Baking Cocoa Powder.
- Chocolate Chips: For this recipe, I recommend using two types of chocolate chips: dark chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips. The combination really balances each other out and deepens the chocolate flavors.
- Instant espresso powder (optional): One of my favorite secrets is using instant granulated espresso powder in my cookie and chocolate recipes. I promise, even if you don’t like coffee, you don’t want to miss out on the AMAZING richness this espresso powder offers. When combined with chocolate, it deepens and enhances the chocolate SO much for a delectable richness. You can omit if you prefer, but definitely try it and see what a difference it makes!
- Salt, baking soda, vanilla: All the additional ingredients needed for flavor and lift!
These Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies have an addictive crispy edge, a soft and chewy center and TONS of chocolaty goodness! They’re irresistible!
Ultimate Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder I like Ghirardelli 100% Cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder optional but recommended
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375° degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until creamy, about 30 seconds. Beat in the eggs and vanilla and mix for another 1-2 minutes or until super fluffy and light. Add in the cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, espresso powder and flour and mix on low speed until just combined. Lastly, stir in both types of chocolate chips.
- Using a Tablespoon-size cookie dough scoop, portion out rounded Tablespoonfuls of dough 2" apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking time to ensure even cooking. Let cool on the baking sheets for about 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
Super rich, chocolaty, gooey PERFECTION! You’re going to LOVE these!
Have a super sweet day!