This Graham Cracker Almond Roca Toffee is crazy good and super easy! A fun take on almond roca candies in a simple and delicious graham cracker toffee.
I love, love, love easy candy recipes.
Candy can be so finicky and temperamental that it is often avoided by many (including myself at times in the past!) because we’re always so scared we’re going to mess things up. I know for a long time I was petrified of candy thermometers – something about them and their measurements (soft crack, hard ball) was confusing and intimidating. But now that I have a list of easy candy concoctions under my belt, I am more confident in whipping up candies for the holidays.
And I want to prove to you that you can do it, too! This toffee couldn’t be simpler. It doesn’t require a candy thermometer or any special tools, it comes together in under an hour, and it tastes AMAZING. I love graham cracker toffees – in fact, my Pecan Praline Pie Bark is one of my most popular recipes this time of year (and for good reason – have you tried it yet?!). It’s an iteration on graham cracker toffee, too. In fact, that very recipe inspired me to make this almond roca version since the original pecan praline version was such a hit!
The toffee starts with its base, which is honey graham crackers. Lay them in a single layer in a 10×15 rimmed jelly roll pan lined with foil and greased. You can also use parchment, but I find greased foil works better. Then you’ll make your toffee mixture, which is just butter, brown sugar, and a little vanilla. Boil it up and pour it over the graham crackers as evenly as possible. Bake the toffee for a mere seven minutes, then sprinkle on some chocolate chips, bake for just another minute and a half, spread the chocolate into an even layer and sprinkle liberally with chopped almonds.
The hardest part is letting the chocolate and toffee set, which can be expedited in the refrigerator but does taste better if it sets at room temperature.
Buttery, crunchy, sweet, salty and nutty – this Graham Cracker Almond Roca Toffee will soon become a HUGE hit!
Graham Cracker Almond Roca Toffee
- 2 sleeves of honey graham crackers (about 20 or so)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 bag milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees F. Line a rimmed 15x10 jelly roll pan with foil and spray the foil liberally with cooking spray. Arrange the graham crackers in an even layer in the foil pan, breaking some crackers to fit if needed. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt together the butter and brown sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Stir in the vanilla extract. Pour the toffee mixture evenly over the graham cracker layer, trying your best to cover all of the graham crackers. If you can't, no worries - once it bakes it will spread the toffee some more.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven but keep oven on. Sprinkle the bag of chocolate chips over the surface of the toffee, then carefully return to the oven and bake for another 90 seconds. Remove from the oven and use an offset spatula or knife to spread the now melted chocolate chips into a smooth, even layer. Liberally sprinkle with the almonds.
- Allow the toffee to set and cool and the chocolate to harden, about 30-40 minutes, before breaking into pieces. This can be expedited in the fridge, but I found that the chocolate tends to separate from the toffee layer more if refrigerated.
This toffee is CRAZY good – I know you’re going to love it!
Have a super sweet day!