Apple Crisp Cookie Cups are a fun twist on apple crisp! These portable, two-bite-size cookie cups have a gooey homemade cinnamon apple filling in a crispy and chewy oatmeal cookie cup!
I cannot believe we are in November! Does anyone else felt like this year both flew by and also crawled at a glacial pace? It’s bizarre how fast and slow it seemed at the same time.
Either way, we’re here and I am have already decorated for Christmas. Yes, I bypassed Thanksgiving decorations, but to be honest, pumpkins and pilgrim decor isn’t really my thing. I am all about glittery, shiny, happy, Christmasy happiness! And hey, I need a little joy in my life after the year I’ve had, so why not decorate early and enjoy Christmas a little longer than usual?
However, I am full throttle on Thanksgiving meal planning. This year things are different for our family since my grandma passed and she usually took care of the big meal. We’re probably doing a smaller Thanksgiving with just my immediate family, and then one hosted at my brother’s new place with our family and his girlfriend’s family. I’m definitely looking forward to eating a ton of yummy food since my grandma – god bless her – was not the best cook.
As usual, I’m responsible for the desserts for the Thanksgiving I’ll be a guest to, so I am strongly considering these Apple Crisp Cookie Cups! They’re a fun, portable take on a classic apple crisp: a chewy and crisp oatmeal cookie cup holds a gooey homemade cinnamon-spiced apple filling. They’re amazing as is or drizzled with caramel and topped with a mini scoop of vanilla ice cream. And hello, they’re cute!
I think this would be equally amazing to have these on a Thanksgiving dessert table spread! In a sea of pies, these stand out and hold their own with amazing flavor and a seasonally delicious treat!
Now let’s get baking!
Apple Crisp Cookie Cups
For the Oatmeal Cookie Cups:
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1¾ cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the Apple Filling:
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 large Granny Smith apples peeled, cored, and diced small
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees F. Liberally grease 20 cavities among 2 muffin pans. Set aside.
- For the cookie cups: In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until fluffy and light, about 1 minute. Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed, followed by the vanilla extract. Lastly, add in the flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt until the dough comes together.
- Drop heaping Tablespoonfuls of cookie dough into each greased muffin cavity. Press down the dough lightly with your fingers to conform it better to the shape of the muffin cavity. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Let cool in pan for about 10 minutes, then use a wooden spoon handle or a shot glass to create an indentation in the center of each cookie cup.
- While the cookie cups bake, make your homemade apple filling. In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add in the apples and saute until slighty softened. Add in the sugar, cornstarch, and spices and cook until caramelized and thickened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Gently remove the cookie cups from the pans and arrange on a wire rack. Fill each cookie cup with homemade apple filling. Serve with caramel sauce and ice cream, if desired.
Crisp and chewy oatmeal cookie cups filled with delicious, cinnamon-spiced apple filling – you’re going to love these!
Have a super sweet day!