This Gooey Salted Caramel Pie is a MUST make if you love salted caramel! Extremely gooey and creamy with buttery salted caramel flavor!
I can’t even believe I am already considering Thanksgiving menus!
I know it’s still over a month away, but I am trying to escape the heat any way I can. Even if it is still approaching 100 degrees F outside in MIDDLE OCTOBER, I still must remind myself it is still October and Thanksgiving is coming!
I have plenty of amazing pie recipes (and other equally delicious festive recipes!) coming down the pipeline for the holidays. This is definitely my favorite time of year since everyone is excited about baking, celebrating, and eating! Even though I love January for its fresh start (and my birthday!), I wish more people would skip the diet resolutions, lol. It’s more fun when people are baking with butter and eating ALL the desserts.
Speaking of butter and desserts, y’all. This pie is INSANITY.
The idea came about because I realized the “goo” of a pecan pie is one of my favorite parts, and because I have a Shortcut Pecan Pie in which I substitute traditional corn syrup in the filling for a jar of salted caramel sauce. That pie is SO delicious with the salted caramel, and I thought, why not make a pecan-less pie with the salted caramel goo filling?
Thus, the Gooey Salted Caramel Pie was born into existence. You’re welcome!
This pie starts out very much like a pecan pie: in a bowl you’ll whisk together the salted caramel sauce, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, heavy whipping cream and a pinch of salt. Whisk it all together and pour it into a frozen deep dish pie crust. Then bake it up and let it cool and set before serving. The pie filling will puff up significantly while it bakes; this is normal and after it gets removed from the oven, the pie will deflate and settle into extremely buttery and gooey deliciousness.
Gooey Salted Caramel Pie is waiting for you!!
Gooey Salted Caramel Pie
- One 9" frozen deep dish pie crust
- One (12 oz) jar salted caramel sauce I like Smucker's Simple Delights brand
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Flaky sea salt or fleur de sel for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees F. Place the frozen deep-dish pie crust onto a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment or foil. This helps make clean up easy if your pie filling bubbles over!
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the salted caramel sauce, eggs, light brown sugar, heavy cream, vanilla and salt until fully combined. Pour it into the prepared deep dish pie crust.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top appears set and is light golden brown and kind of dry looking. The filling may puff up significantly in the oven; as it is removed from the oven and begins to cool, it will deflate. Do not pop it! Immediately sprinkle the top of the pie filling with flaky sea salt. Let the pie cool completely, then refrigerate the pie for at least 2 hours before cutting and serving.
Buttery, sinfully rich, sweet and salty and SO divine! You’re going to love this irresistible pie!
Have a super sweet day!