This Spiced Rum Apple Cider Cocktail is absolutely delicious, super easy and tastes like fall in a glass! You’re going to LOVE this ultra refreshing and cozy cocktail!
Happy Hump Day!
I figured we are nearly done with September and that’s deserving of a cocktail, don’t you think? I mean, we’ve survived this much of this insanely horrible year and we’re nearly down another crappy month! Time to celebrate by day-drinking!
I’m usually not a big fan of seasonal cocktails or adult beverages only because I am so picky and limited in my alcohol choices. I’ll be honest, I can pretty much only drink rum, Moscato wine, or a hard cider and that’s about it. Anything else and I’ll have an angry headache or worse. Don’t even get me started on tequila or vodka. I shudder to even think of those two!
So yeah, I’m a grandma baby. A baby grandma. I can only drink rum or intensely sweet dessert wine; sue me.
I also find that a lot of restaurants don’t have an ample rum menu. What, is rum like a peasant drink or something? Because it’s my absolute reach-for-it-everytime FAVORITE. I think it is the far superior liquor and it is a shame that restaurants don’t have more rum-based drinks.
Anyway, enough of my rum ramblings! Time to talk about this Spiced Rum Apple Cider Cocktail!
This bad boy is made with all the delicious things about fall with plenty of apple, spice, and rummy goodness. The cocktail is super simple to make: spiced apple cider, spiced rum, and hard apple cider. You can add in lemon or orange bitters if you’d like, but I like this with its pure apple flavor. If you’re feeling really fancy, you can splash in 1/2 oz of cinnamon schnapps or Fireball!
I’m longing for the days when I can sip this on my balcony while reading a book and curled up in a cozy blanket. Fall weather, come to me!
Spicy, sweet, cozy and such a delicious fall drink!!
*adapted from Honey and Birch
Spiced Rum Apple Cider Cocktail
- 2 oz spiced rum such as Captain Morgan
- 1/2 cup spiced apple cider prepared, or see Note to make your own
- 1/2 cup hard apple cider
- 1/2 oz cinnamon schnapps/Fireball optional
- Cinnamon sticks and star anise, for garnish optional
- Fill a highball or rocks glass with ice. Add in the spiced rum and top with the spiced apple cider; stir with a cocktail spoon to combine. Top with hard apple cider to fill. If you're using cinnamon schnapps/Fireball, add it when you add in the spiced rum and apple cider. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and a star anise, if desired.
I absolutely love how cozy and refreshing this spiced cocktail is and I know you’ll love it too!
Have a super sweet day!