This Churro Bugle Snack Mix is seriously addictive, comes together quickly and tastes AMAZING. Beware, because once you start snacking on this, you won’t be able to stop!
It should come as no surprise that I love anything cinnamon sugar!
I prefer cinnamon sugar over chocolate, ice cream, candy and pie ANY day. It is my go-to comfort food and I love it in virtually everything, from cinnamon rolls to churros. It’s my love language!
A looong time ago I posted a churro bugle mix that was crazy good, but it used a now-discontinued product to help make it. Since it was pretty popular back then, I figured it was time to reformulate the recipe so anyone could make it using pantry ingredients and no defunct baking products!
This Churro Bugle Snack Mix is super simple to make, comes together quickly and tastes SO AMAZING!! Seriously, it is super addictive – I could not stop snacking on it while I was taking photos of it. If you know me, you know I don’t always eat the things I make but this was one I practically inhaled!
It starts with Bugles, of course! These are those pointy chips from the 90s that I have a personal affinity for. I like them because they’re a solid, sturdy chip that won’t disintegrate from the hot toffee mixture. Another good option if you don’t have Bugles would be Fritos.
Then you make your toffee mixture – just butter, brown sugar, vanilla and a little cinnamon. Boil it up and pour it over the Bugles in a roasting pan. Toss to coat, then bake for a quick 10 minutes in the oven so the toffee mixture melds over the chips. Once it is bubbly and out of the oven, you’ll liberally coat it with cinnamon and granulated sugar. Let cool, and start snacking!!
This is easily my new FAVORITE recipe, and if you love churros and sweet and salty desserts, you will LOVE this recipe! It is mind-blowing how good it is.
Churro Bugle Snack Mix
- 10 cups (About 1½ bags) Bugles chips
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar lightly packed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon divided
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees F. Lightly spray a roasting pan with cooking spray. Add the Bugles into the pan in an even layer and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and brown sugar together over medium heat. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes while stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla extract and 1 tsp of the ground cinnamon.
- Pour the hot caramel mixture evenly over the Bugles in the roasting pan and use a rubber spatula to toss the chips to coat them evenly with the hot caramel mixture. Spread in an even layer and bake for 10 minutes. Mixture should be hot and bubbly.
- While Bugles bake, in a small bowl whisk together the granulated sugar and remaining cinnamon together until blended. Immediately upon removing the Bugles, liberally sprinkle the cinnamon sugar evenly over the hot and sticky Bugles, tossing to coat in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Allow the Bugles to cool to room temperature before breaking into pieces to serve.
Buttery, sweet, salty, and highly addictive – you’re going to FLIP for this snack mix!
Have a super sweet day!