These Quick & Easy Peach Dumplings will soon become a family favorite! Tender, juicy peaches in a dumpling dough with a gooey and sweet caramelized sauce. Don’t forget the ice cream!
I cannot believe we’re approaching mid-August! It feels hard to believe that this year has gone by so fast, but then again, I am eager for it to end! I think we can all agree it has been crazy and not at all what any of us had anticipated, am I right?
But since we’re in August, I have been trying to think of yummy transitional desserts that can go from late summer into early fall, and this recipe is definitely one of those desserts. Using a bounty of fresh farmer’s market summer peaches, you can have this recipe on the table for dessert in no time and up until peach season ends in a couple months.
This is an older midwest-style recipe that has been passed on forever, but I never had it until I made my Apple Dumplings version a few years back. This is the exact same recipe but made with fresh summer peaches instead of apples. However, if you love apples I highly recommend giving that version a try!
What I love about this recipe is how simple it is to make. You simply take some fresh peeled peach slices and roll each slice up in a refrigerated crescent roll. Place them in a greased baking pan in a little line-up, then make your sugar sauce. The sugar sauce is melted butter, granulated sugar, and vanilla and you barely cook it before pouring the sweet, gooey sauce over the dumplings. Sprinkle the dumplings with cinnamon, and then add the unique ingredient that ties everything together: 7-Up or Mountain Dew soda! I know it sounds strange, but trust me, the soda helps the dumplings cook and caramelizes that sauce so it is absolutely irresistible!
Bake it up and serve it with ice cream! These dumplings are HEAVENLY! I gave them to my neighbors and they raved over how delicious these dumplings are! They’re cozy and comforting with cinnamon and sugar and juicy peaches in a delicious sauce.
Quick and Easy Peach Dumplings – who’s hungry?!
Quick & Easy Peach Dumplings
- 2 large fresh peaches peeled and sliced into 8 slices each (16 slices total)
- 2 packages refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1½ cups granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 12 ounces 7-Up or Mountain Dew soda
- Vanilla ice cream for serving optional but recommended
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees F. Liberally grease a 9x13 light metal baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Carefully unroll each package of crescent rolls and gently separate the rolls from one another. Take a peeled peach slice and roll it up into a the crescent roll shape. Arrange the pieces into the baking dish in an even layer lined up side by side. I like to place the peach slice at the thickest part of the crescent roll dough sheet and roll it up that way.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Pour in the granulated sugar and vanilla extract and remove from heat. Barely stir the sugar and vanilla into the butter mixture; it should be clumpy and thick. Pour the butter/sugar mixture evenly over the dumplings in the pan.
- Sprinkle the dumplings with the ground cinnamon. Pour the soda into the sides of the pan carefully.
- Bake the dumplings for 40 minutes or until golden brown, bubbly and cooked through. Let cool for about 15 minutes before serving. I recommend serving with vanilla ice cream.
Buttery, cinnamon sugary, tender and gooey dumplings filled with juicy summer peaches. It doesn’t get more heavenly than these!
Have a super sweet day!