These Strawberry Crumble Bars are irresistible! Soft and chewy with a thick and juicy strawberry filling and a buttery crumble topping!
I’m back! Did you miss me?
This year has been rough – from things happening in the world and crazy things happening in my personal life, so I had to take a little break. For the past few months I haven’t really focused on myself, so it was nice to relax, do things I wanted to do, take it easy, and practice some self-care.
But I am back with this amazing recipe and I hope you guys are excited for it!
At my local Safeway grocery store, there are always fresh, bountiful strawberries parked right at the store’s entrance and I happened to be inspired by them for this recipe. I just couldn’t resist when I caught them on a huge deal and saw how bright and juicy they were.
Since my Blueberry Crumb Bars have been a HUGE hit, I figured I’d make a strawberry version and I am so glad I did! These Strawberry Crumble Bars are super delicious and perfect for all strawberry lovers!
The bars basically consist of a crumble topping and crust that is buttery, sweet and oh so delicious with a thick ribbon of juicy strawberry filling in between the crust and crumble topping. These have pure strawberry flavor – nothing artificial here – and they taste INCREDIBLE!
Buttery, soft and chewy with a delicious crumble and juicy, sweet strawberry filling – you’re going to love these Strawberry Crumble Bars!
Strawberry Crumble Bars
FOR THE CRUST AND CRUMBLE:
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter cut into cubes
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
FOR THE STRAWBERRY FILLING:
- 4 cups fresh strawberries washed, dried, and chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of one small lemon
- Preheat oven to 375° degrees F. Line a 9x13 light metal baking pan with foil, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan. Spray the foil with cooking spray; set aside.
- For the crust and crumb: In a large bowl, combine the sugar, baking powder, salt, and flour and mix well. Add in the cubed butter, beaten egg and vanilla and mix together using a pastry cutter or two forks, cutting the butter into the flour mixture until the mixture resembles small pebbles. Dough will be crumbly.
- Press half of the dough into the prepared pan, using your hands to compress it into a nice, even layer. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and lemon zest, tossing to coat. Pour the strawberry mixture evenly over the crust in the pan. Crumble the remaining dough evenly over the surface of the strawberries.
- Bake for 38-45 minutes or until the crumble topping is light golden brown, the strawberry mixture is bubbly and the bars appears set. Cool completely for about 1-2 hours before cutting into bars, or you may refrigerate.
Buttery, juicy, chewy and delicious, these bars will soon become a new fave!
Have a super sweet day!