These S’mores Cookie Bars are irresistible soft and chewy cookie bars filled with gooey marshmallows, melty puddles of chocolate and buttery graham cracker crumbs in every bite! You’re going to love these easy bars!
We’re halfway through summer and I figured it was high time for another s’mores recipe. You guys are going to flip for these ultra tasty cookie bars, trust me!
In the summer, a few things happen to me. One is I get increasingly bitchier just because it gets to be a thousand degrees out and I can barely function. Two is I get very impatient (see number one) because I can’t think straight. I’m telling you, I instantly go into bitchy complaining mode from June-August because I just cannot handle these insane temps. It was 106 yesterday and I felt like my head was going to evaporate.
Three is I get lazy. Even though my apartment’s pool glistens and sparkles as I walk by, I have no energy to get a suit on, slather up with sunscreen and trek down to the pool. And don’t even think about cooking! I pretty much exclusively eat smoothie bowls nowadays because the idea of turning on the oven or assembling some extensive dish is too much to bear!
Although these S’mores Cookie Bars do require an oven, they are super simple to make and they make a big ol’ pan of delicious s’mores goodness. No need for a campfire because let’s face it – I’m already living inside of what feels like a giant furnace. These bars require minimal prep but yields maximum flavor and they taste just like summer with gooey marshmallows, melty swirls of milk chocolate, and buttery graham crackers. Super yummy!
Now who is ready to enjoy these amazing S’mores Cookie Bars!?
S'mores Cookie Bars
- 12 Tablespoons (1 & 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows divided
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 4 fun size Hershey bars broken up
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees F. Line a 13x9 light metal baking pan with foil, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan. Spray the foil liberally with cooking spray. I recommend using foil or parchment due to the melted marshmallows making a mess!
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and both sugars with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add in the egg, beating well, followed by the egg yolk and vanilla, beating well after each addition. Lastly, add in the baking soda, cornstarch, salt, flour, and graham cracker crumbs and mix until incorporated. Stir in 1 & 1/2 cups of the marshmallows and all of the chocolate chips until combined.
- Press the dough evenly into the prepared pan. Scatter the little Hershey bar pieces over the surface of the bars. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven but keep oven on. Sprinkle the bars with the remaining 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows and return to the oven to bake for another 5-10 minutes or until bars are light golden brown, appear set, and marshmallows are slightly toasted. Cool the bars completely before cutting into squares.
You guys are going to LOVE these irresistible s’mores bars!
Have a super sweet day!
Does the cooking time or temp need to be adjusted with a glass baking dish?
Looks delish!! I cannot wait to make
Hi Wendy, I would definitely check at the 25-30 minute mark and increase by 5-min increments until cooked through.
How long can the dough keep? I want to prepare this about 24 hours in advance.
You can definitely prepare 24 hours in advance!
Does the temp need to be adjusted for baking at altitude?
Hi J, I don’t have any experience with higher altitude unfortunately so I am not positive!
Marilyn Duke says
Oh my goodness me – this are truly amazingly delicious – the recipe is clear and easy to follow. Thank you so much for sharing this.
So glad you enjoyed, Marilyn!
Amazing!!! I made these and they were a huge hit! Everyone loved them. Thanks for the great recipe. Lots of chewy goodness.
I made these for 4th of July and they were amazing! I used semisweet chocolate because I’m not a fan of milk and they were delicious! I love all your recipes!
I just made these and they are fantastic! Followed your recipe exactly and they came out perfect! Thank you for creating and sharing.