This No-Bake Fruity Pebbles Cheesecake is going to be your new go-to for an easy, unique and impressive dessert! Complete with a Fruity Pebbles Krispy Treat crust and a creamy and smooth no-bake marshmallow cheesecake, this treat satisfies everyone’s cravings!
When I lived at home, I would cook dinner for my family every night.
It was hard sometimes to coordinate with everyone’s cravings/diets/food preferences and then there were sometimes that I just threw in the towel and would tell everyone to fend for themselves.
The term “fend for yourself” sounds very savage, like they need to go off into a field to collect berries and twigs. We always had food – whether it was oatmeal, cereals, frozen pizzas, whatever. Was it gourmet? No, but neither was what I was serving up nightly. Yes, I liked to cook, but I never went fancy because we come from a long lineage of fast food people and perfectly seared pork loin with cherries and a mustard cream sauce just wouldn’t fly with my McDonald’s value-meal loving crew.
Anyway, one of my favorite fend for yourself meals was cereal. Sure, it was most definitely the sugary kind (raisin bran, who??) but nothing satisfies me more than a big bowl with second helpings of my fave cereals. Cereal is just such a comfort food for me and I love how it is quick, brainless, and doesn’t require a doctorate in figuring out what to eat for dinner. Just pour a bowl and be done with it.
Fruity Pebbles are definitely one of my top 3 favorite cereals out there, so when it came time to test recipes, I knew I had to take my Rice Krispy Treat Cheesecake and make a Fruity Pebbles version!
This No-Bake Fruity Pebbles Cheesecake is super simple and consists of two main components: a Fruity Pebbles Krispy Treat crust, and the no-bake cheesecake filling. Both are so easy to make and require hardly any labor or fancy tools. I do insist you need a springform pan, however, to make it easy to release the finished cheesecake.
The crust, as I mentioned, is basically a Rice Krispy Treat made with Fruity Pebbles instead. Gooey, crunchy, marshmallowy and sweet, it is such a unique way to serve up a cheesecake! The cheesecake filling is basically cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, marshmallow creme and whipped topping folded together to make a cool and creamy filling. After the cheesecake has set, I like to garnish this baby with some cherry pie filling on top to really drive home the fruity flavors, but any flavor of pie filling would be fantastic (I’m also partial to strawberry, blueberry, or apple!)
Whatever you do, make this bright and cheery cheesecake and thank me later – it’ll be your favorite in no time!
*from my book Two in One Desserts
No-Bake Fruity Pebbles Cheesecake
- FOR THE CRUST:
- 6 cups Fruity Pebbles cereal
- 1/4 cup (4 Tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1 (10 oz) bag miniature marshmallows
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE:
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow creme/fluff
- 1 (8 oz) tub Cool Whip or whipped topping thawed
- 1/2 of a 21-oz can of cherry pie filling optional but recommended
- Grease a 9" round springform pan with cooking spray on the bottom and sides. Set aside. Meanwhile, add the butter and miniature marshmallows to a large microwaveable bowl and microwave on HIGH power for about 30 seconds. Stir, then continue microwaving in 30 seconds intervals, stirring after each interval, until melted and smooth. Add in the Fruity Pebbles and stir quickly to combine. Pour the coated cereal mixture into the prepared pan and press into a crust using a greased bottom of a glass. Let set for about 20 minutes.
- For the cheesecake: In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with the paddle attachment until fluffy and smooth, about 1 minute. Add in the marshmallow creme and beat well to combine. Lastly, fold in the whipped topping, making sure to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl to get everything mixed cohesively.
- Spread the cheesecake into the crust and smooth out the top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours, preferably overnight, before serving. Just before serving, garnish the top with cherry pie filling.
Fruity, creamy, crunchy and sweet, this cheesecake is absolute HEAVEN!
Need more no-bake cheesecakes? Check these out!
Have a great day!