Love Thin Mints but hate waiting for them all year? Make my Copycat No-Bake Thin Mints at home any time you want them! They come together in minutes, are super simple and taste amazing!
I cannot believe we’re edging closer and closer to Christmas!
Doesn’t it seem like time moves at lightning fast speed when you’re an adult, but positively crawls at a glacial pace as a kid? As a child, I always felt like it took a million years to get to Christmas. A single 24-hour-long day felt like it lasted a week’s worth of time as I anxiously counted down on our advent calendar or Christmas countdown.
But now, I blink and a week has passed. I honestly cannot keep up with how fast it is as an adult! I’ve already said that it feels like my birthday was last week because it does… but my birthday is now a mere month away, ha!
Anyway, I am officially in the full swing of holiday baking for fun now. I’m pretty much done with blog-related recipes which I am thankful for, and now I can focus on fun baking which doesn’t happen as often as you’d think! (Yes, baking for work is obviously fun too, but not the same as baking what I want, when I want, for whom I want).
One of my favorite treats to make ANY time of year are these stupid-easy Copycat No-Bake Thin Mints! I cannot believe how foolproof and simple these little cookies are, and they totally taste like a Thin Mint cookie. Three cheers for not having to wait around all year for those Girl Scout cookies!
There are three main components to these cookies, four if you want to make them extra special and minty. Chocolate candy coating, peppermint extract, Oreo Mint Thin cookies, and Andes mint chips for a sprinkle garnish. That’s it! Instead of making, chilling, and rolling out a thin cookie dough, I use Oreo “Thins” as the cookie base. Have you had them yet? They’re basically a thinner Oreo cookie that I actually prefer better than the original! I used the mint ones for extra minty flavor of course! If you can’t find Oreo Thins for whatever reason, you can always use the un-frosted half of a regular Oreo cookie!
You’ll simply melt the chocolate candy coating until it’s nice and smooth, then stir in a little peppermint extract to give it some flavor. Nowadays, however, you can sometimes find mint-flavored chocolate candy coating, so if you score some of that, omit the peppermint extract. Then you’ll dip each Oreo Thin one at a time into the chocolate, coating it completely, before allowing the excess chocolate to drip off. Return the coated cookie to a parchment-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with Andes mint chips for texture and more minty flavor! I love how pretty it looks! You can also use crushed candy canes or sprinkles on top.
Crunchy, crispy, sweet and addictive Copycat Thin Mints will be your new go-to any time you’re craving something minty, easy and fast!
- One package Oreo Mint Thins cookies (if you cannot find the Thins, feel free to use regular Oreos - separate them so you only use the un-frosted sides. If using the Thins, you'll use the whole cookie)
- One package chocolate candy coating or almond bark
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ¾ cup Andes mint baking chips or chopped Andes mints, optional but recommended
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate candy coating according to package directions or until smooth and melted. Whisk in the peppermint extract quickly to combine.
- Using a fork, lower an Oreo Thin cookie into the melted chocolate and cover it completely with chocolate. Remove the cookie from the melted chocolate and allow excess to drip off before gently sliding it off of the fork and onto the wax paper. Sprinkle the top of the cookie with the Andes mint baking chips.
- Allow chocolate candy coating to set completely before storing or serving. These taste great at room temperature or they can be frozen!
What’s not to love about these addictive and easy mint cookies!?
Have a super sweet day!