These truly are the BEST Peanut Butter Blossoms I’ve ever had! Super soft and chewy peanut butter cookies with addictive crispy outer edges and topped with a gooey Hershey Kiss in the middle!
Christmas baking has begun! Are you ready?!
Okay, so technically we have Thanksgiving, but I am in full Christmas mode. You can call me extra because I’ve even set up my Christmas tree and decorations. Hey, if it makes you happy and doesn’t hurt anyone else, who cares that I did it 2 months early?
While I don’t have a ton of Thanksgiving-y recipes up my sleeve, I do have a TON of Christmas recipes, starting with this revamped version. I posted years ago a version of these peanut butter blossoms but people said they were not peanut buttery enough. Kind of a major issue if the cookie is supposed to be peanut butter, right? I tweaked the recipe back then to be more peanut buttery, but it just needed something else.
So I went back to work on creating a new peanut butter blossom recipe, and this is the winner by far! It has all the components I like in a peanut butter cookie: soft, chewy, with addictive crispy outer edges, lots of sparkling sugar crusted on the outside, and a gooey, rich Hershey Kiss candy smack dab in the middle. It’s so simple but so perfect, and I love that this cookie is rooted in the holiday tradition. Even though nothing about this cookie screams Christmas, it is one of the most popular Christmas cookies to make!
Of course, if you want to get super festive, you can always sprinkle the still-warm Kiss candies with some festive Christmas sprinkles, but I love how classic, straightforward and perfect they are with the most delicious garnish of chocolate.
Best of all, this recipe uses ALL butter – no icky shortening here! – and does NOT require chilling. Score!
Whether you’re already in the throes of holiday baking or want to bookmark it for later, you have got to try my Best Ever Peanut Butter Blossoms!
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar, plus ⅓ cup, divided
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 & ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 24 Hershey Kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, ¾ cup of granulated sugar and the brown sugar together until creamy and fluffy, about 1 minutes. Add in the peanut butter and mix well, followed by the egg and vanilla, mixing well after each addition. Lastly, add in the baking soda, salt, and flour and mix on low speed until a soft dough comes together.
- Using a Tablespoon-size cookie dough scoop, scoop out a ball of dough and roll it in the remaining ⅓ cup granulated sugar, coating all sides. Place 1" apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking time to ensure even cooking. Let stand on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then very gently press an unwrapped Hershey Kiss candy in the center of each cookie. Allow the cookies to cool completely and the Hershey Kiss to set back up on wire racks before serving.
You are going to love these soft and chewy peanut butter blossoms!
Have a super sweet day!