These Caramel Apple Grapes are my new go-to sweet treat and I think they’ll be yours, too! Super simple to make, makes a huge batch and satisfies so many cravings!
As I mentioned a few posts back, fall is my favorite food time of year.
Butternut squash, pumpkin, apples – I cannot get enough. My blood type this time of year is basically 50% butternut squash, 50% caramel apples.
It’s so hard for me to choose a favorite fall flavor because caramel apples are easily one of my top favorite desserts EVER. But I am super picky (kinda?) with them.
I’m “picky” because I ONLY like caramel apples with caramel and peanuts – nothing more, nothing less. I remember when I was on QVC a few years back for In the Kitchen with David and there was a caramel apple company presenting as well. They had these gorgeous, HUGE apples coated in chocolate, Oreos, sprinkles, you name it – and while they looked gorgeous and indulgent, I couldn’t help but wish they just had a plain old-fashioned caramel with peanuts. It just hits the spot!
Thankfully, we have a Cold Stone ice cream shop in the next town over that sells Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory apples year-round so I can get my fix. But now that I’ve made these Caramel Apple Grapes, I don’t think I will have to drive 10 miles away to grab apples! These little poppers are SO addictive, easy, and satisfy that apple craving!
I got the idea for these from Delish, which made a boozy version (trying that next!). I just wanted something simple and quick, so I didn’t soak the grapes with booze.
All you have to do is dip some green grapes (try to choose big, fat ones!) in caramel and dredge them in chopped nuts. The only “cooking” we have to do is to melt the caramel bits into a smooth caramel to dip – it takes about 5 minutes on the stove or a few minutes in the microwave. So easy!
Of course, peanuts are my favorite, but you could also dredge the caramel apple grapes in sprinkles, chocolate chips, crushed cookie crumbs – whatever your heart desires! I just happen to think peanuts are the best!
Just be fore-warned – these are HIGHLY addictive! I ate the ENTIRE batch in one day. It’s just so easy to pop ’em in your mouth and munch on them while watching TV! They’re the perfect combination of sweet, salty, crunchy, crisp, juicy and totally perfect!
Caramel Apple Grapes
- One bag green grapes try to choose larger-size grapes
- One (11 oz bag) caramel bits
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream or water
- 1½ cups chopped peanuts
- First, make the caramel for dipping. In a small saucepan, add in the caramel bits and 2 Tablespoons heavy cream or water over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching, until melted and smooth, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spear a grape with a toothpick and dip 3/4 of the way into the caramel, allowing excess to drip off. Dredge into the chopped peanuts and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining grapes until you use up all the caramel and peanuts. Depending on how many grapes you have, this recipe could yield a lot or a little!
- Store in the fridge and allow to sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes to soften the caramel before serving.
Crunchy, creamy, buttery, sweet, salty and juicy – this has every amazing texture, flavor and craving wrapped in one bite-size bit of heaven!
Have a super sweet day!