Craving something refreshing and cool? These Easy Watermelon Slushies are just what the doctor ordered! Easy, fast, no freezing and perfect with or without alcohol.
I seriously love where I live (the actual apartment complex, not necessarily Sacramento).
For my first apartment, there’s really nowhere better. I’m so spoiled here that I never want to leave! Besides a gorgeous apartment, our complex has a theater, gym, a huge pool and spa, valet trash and dry cleaning and they do fun little parties quarterly where they cater food and drinks. It’s awesome!
Last Friday we had a summer picnic where we had BBQ foods catered by a local BBQ restaurant and a huge keg of beer. I always love those get-togethers because A) it’s free food and booze! and B) I love to mingle and catch up with neighbors whom I may not see as frequently throughout the year. Plus, I can drink as much as I want and don’t need to drive home! 🙂
The day before the evening picnic I whipped up these Easy Watermelon Slushies are seriously considered making a big batch to take to the picnic – they are SO tasty and addictive! Only four ingredients and just 20 or so seconds in the blender and you have the yummiest slushy recipe. The best part is, you can make these cocktails or keep them a natural mocktail. Even if you choose not to imbibe, they’re so refreshing – perfect for when the Sacramento summers exceed 100 degrees F!
I chose not to add in any additional sugar to this slushy recipe because I wanted something more refreshing rather than super sweet, but if you want it a touch sweeter, feel free to add in some simple syrup or honey/agave! I would do about 1-2 ounces to each batch, starting with the lower amount and adding more if you want it super sweet. I did, however, add a homemade Lime Sugar Rim which was AWESOME. It added just enough sweetness and a little sparkle, and it really paired well with the watermelon slushies.
And if you’re adding some booze, I prefer rum or vodka in this recipe. Try it with regular or jazz things up with a tropical flavored booze like coconut rum or pineapple vodka!
Whatever you do, make these slushies and invite me over! I’ll bring my swimsuit!
Easy Watermelon Slushies (Cocktail & Mocktail Options!)
- 1 cup seedless watermelon cubed
- Juice of one lime
- 1/2 cup water or can substitute alcohol, such as rum or vodka
- 2 cups ice
- Optional: for added sweetness add in 1-2 ounces simple syrup, agave or honey
- FOR LIME SUGAR:
- Zest of one lime
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- In a large blender, add in the watermelon, lime juice, water (or alcohol if using) and ice. (If using additional sweetener, add it in now as well). Blend for at least 20-30 seconds or until slushy consistency.
- In a small bowl, combine the lime zest and granulated sugar, stirring to combine. Dip the rim of each glass in water and dredge in the lime sugar mixture. Pour the slushies among 2-3 glasses, depending on the size of your glasses. Serve immediately!
I absolutely adored these easy, breezy and FAST slushies and I know you will as well!
Have a super sweet day!
Leave a Reply