Your new favorite dessert is going to be this amazing Lemon Blueberry Piecaken! A moist lemon cake with an ENTIRE blueberry pie baked inside! So easy and totally impressive!
So I did a thing.
I baked a perfectly good pie inside of a cake.
It was the best decision I could make and I am here to share the glory of this piecaken with you all today.
I felt bad that I really dropped the ball on the Fourth of July/festive recipes. As you probably know, the Fourth is not my favorite holiday by a long shot. It’s actually at the bottom of my holiday list! But I know most people don’t feel that way, so I whipped up this incredible dessert to possibly be made later this week… or for the rest of your life. It’s pretty darn amazing!
I got the idea for this piecaken because a loooong time ago, at the start of my blog, I used to make really wacky stuff. I would try to stuff different desserts into other ones to create these over-the-top masterpieces. One of my favorites were these pookies, which are pecan pie-stuffed oatmeal cookies! Super delicious and simple and needed a modern-day revival!
And because it’s summertime and summer fruits like lemons and blueberries sound totally perfect, I knew I wanted to make this flavor combo happen in a way most people would never expect it to!
The best part of this piecaken (besides the delicious flavor!) is how EASY it is to prepare! Only a couple of ingredients makes for an impressive cake!
First, you’ll make your cake batter: for this, I just used a box of lemon cake mix. Prepare it according to package directions with the same ingredients the box calls for. Pour half of the cake batter into a greased 9″ springform pan, then add your pie – an entire blueberry pie, crust and all, face down into the cake batter. You want to flip it face down so that the batter poured on top of the pie can seep down the sides and cover it completely. Otherwise, with the pie facing upwards, the crimped crust edges may block the remaining batter from forming down the sides. Pour the rest of the cake batter on and bake the piecaken for a good hour or so until done. Test the center with a toothpick for doneness!
The hardest part is letting it cool completely! Just before serving, I added some lemon curd to the top and garnished with fresh blueberries to really amp up the flavor and drive the point home. So, so fantastic!
You guys are going to FLIP for this easy, impressive Lemon Blueberry Piecaken! Enjoy!
Lemon Blueberry Piecaken
- One box lemon cake mix plus ingredients on back of box to prepare cake batter
- One 9" prepared blueberry pie
- 1 cup lemon curd
- Fresh blueberries for garnish optional but recommended
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease a 9" round springform pan with cooking spray. If desired, add in a parchment round to the bottom and grease it. It just makes it a little easier to remove the piecaken later on.
- Prepare the cake batter according to package directions. Pour half of the lemon cake batter into the bottom of the pan. Remove any packaging from the pie (such as the pin tin) and place the pie face-down into the cake batter gently. Pour the remaining cake batter evenly over the top.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean or with moist, not wet, crumbs. You may want to check at the 30 minute mark to see if the top is browning too quickly; if so, loosely tent the top with foil. Cool the cake in the pan completely.
- Just before serving, spread some lemon curd over the top and garnish with fresh blueberries!
I mean, just look at that juicy, gooey blueberry pie peeking through that sweet lemon cake! To die for!
Have a super sweet day!