These Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are outrageously delicious and super easy to whip up! No chilling required, no special equipment or techniques… just incredible chocolate chip cookies stuffed with Oreos!
Welcome to summertime!
It is a miracle in itself that I managed to bake something since it’s rising past 100 degrees F nowadays, but I did it for those of you who live in mild places where it isn’t a sweltering wasteland outside.
And even if it is a sweltering wasteland outside your house… you should probably splurge for the A/C and make these cookies anyway. They are awesome!
When I first started blogging, there were a bunch of food trends that were super popular. So popular that every blogger pretty much had their version of the recipe on their site. No churn ice cream, cake batter anything, and Oreo-stuffed chocolate chip cookies. I even have some recipes of those things in my archives, but most people don’t look that far back (I’ve been doing this 8 years, so that’s a LOT of backstock recipes!)
So I figured it was time I brought some of these amazing archival recipes back from the dead by reintroducing them to my long-standing readers, or introduce them to all my new readers who have accumulated since 2011! This is a recipe that should not be missed!
This recipe starts with a chocolate chip cookie recipe, of course… but I made these chocolate chip pudding cookies for a couple of reasons. I prefer that pudding cookies have NO chill time, and they hold their shape well which is great for stuffing an Oreo inside!
If you’ve never made pudding cookies before, they’re just like regular cookies except you add in a box of instant pudding mix (just the dry powder mix!) into the cookie dough recipe at the very end. The result is a cookie that stays and tastes fresh for days, one that doesn’t require chilling, and that holds its soft and chewy shape and texture. I absolutely adore pudding cookies and knew they had to be the vessel that the Oreo gets baked into.
As far as the Oreos go, use any flavor you like! I did a classic Double Stuf Oreo for these, but they’d be great with any flavor – maybe chocolate peanut butter Oreos? The possibilities are endless since Oreo unveils new flavors all the time.
Soft, chewy, buttery and chocolaty, these Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies need to happen in your kitchen stat!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 & ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- One 3.4 ounce box instant dry vanilla pudding mix (just the dry mix)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12-14 Double Stuf Oreos
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with silicone liners or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until creamy and smooth, about 1 minute. Gradually add in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla. Lastly, add in the baking soda, salt, flour, and dry pudding mix until a soft dough comes together. Add in the chocolate chips.
- Using a Tablespoon-size cookie dough scoop, scoop out a ball of cookie dough and gently flatten it in your palm. Place the Oreo on top of the cookie dough. Scoop out another ball of dough and press it on top. Use your hands to conform the cookie dough around the Oreo so no Oreo is seen. Place 2-3" apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking time until cookies are golden brown and set. Cookies may appear slightly underdone; this is okay and you should not over bake! They'll continue to finish cooking on the baking sheet. Cool for about 15 minutes before serving.
You are going to enjoy these fantastic buttery cookies filled with a surprise inside!
Have a sweet day!