This No-Bake Berry Mousse Pie is absolutely fabulous! If you’re looking for an elegant, easy dessert made in under a few hours, you’ll love this simple, delectable pie!
I am already brainstorming recipes for summertime since it usually rears its ugly head early here in Sacramento. Although the temperatures are blissfully mild and sunny with a beautiful breeze, I know in a few weeks time it’ll be sweltering!
Maybe that isn’t the case where you live (hi, can I move in?) but I like to be prepared just in case! Plus, who doesn’t love an easy no-bake recipe or two in their arsenal? I know even if I lived somewhere mild or chilly I’d still be whipping up no-bake things left and right. They’re just so EASY and mindless. You don’t have to think too hard about them or worry about overbaking anything. Sign me up!
And this pie should be at the tippy top of your to-bake list because it is PHENOMENAL. And did I mention simple, too?
When it comes to the crust, I like using a prepared shortbread or graham cracker crust. Most supermarkets have them readily available, and it just saves an extra couple steps, some baking time, and spares some dishes! You can always prepare your own pie crust, but I like these in a pinch! For this recipe, I recommend using a shortbread crust, like the one by Keebler – though any brand works! Similarly, you can make your own crust by pulverizing shortbread cookies with some melted butter, mix it until moistened, then press it into a pie pan and bake until golden and set. Of course, then the recipe will not be no-bake 🙂 Up to you!
The filling consists of some heavy whipping cream, sour cream for a little tangy twist, and confectioners’ sugar whipped together. You’ll add in some melted gelatin which helps keep the pie filling stable (without it, the pie filling may never set up properly enough to cut a neat slice. It’ll act more like whipped cream). And the star of the show: berries! I chose blackberries and raspberries, but any berry should work just fine. I also added in a little lemon zest to brighten things up!
The berries will turn the filling a gorgeous pale pink/lilac color that is just beautiful. Pour the filling into the crust, smooth out the top, and refrigerate it until set, about 3-4 hours or overnight. Just before serving, make some more whipped cream and slather it over the top of the pie. Garnish with more fresh berries and some sprigs of mint for greenery.
I mean…. is this not the most gorgeous pie you’ve ever seen?! And it could not be easier to make! Perfect for a last-minute Easter dish, or for spring parties, backyard BBQ’s… the list is endless! You’ll love the sweet, light and fluffy mousse filling packed with juicy berries and zippy lemon zest paired against the buttery shortbread crust. My family and I devoured this!
No-Bake Berry Mousse Pie
- One prepared shortbread crust can substitute graham cracker crust, or use your own homemade shortbread crust recipe
- 1 teaspoon (1 envelope) unflavored gelatin
- 3 Tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup full-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh raspberries halved if large
- 1 cup fresh blackberries halved if large
- Zest of one small lemon about 2-3 teaspoons
- Fresh whipped cream and more berries for garnish
- Add the gelatin and cold water to a small saucepan off the heat. Let stand until solid, about 5 minutes. Turn the heat to low and cook, stirring constantly, until gelatin dissolves. Remove from the heat and let cool for just a few minutes - gelatin should still be liquidy.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of a stand mixer, whip the heavy cream, sour cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract on high speed until soft peaks form. Stream in the melted gelatin liquid and beat until low speed until combined. Fold in the berries and lemon zest.
- Spread the filling into the pie crust and smooth out the top. Cover loosely and refrigerate until set, about 3-4 hours or overnight. Just before serving, garnish with more fresh whipped cream and berries, if desired.
I love this sweet and simple pie, and I know you will, too!
Have a super sweet day!
Leave a Reply